CorwinCM7RC4Beta - ROM Notes

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So, I am installing the Corwin ROM now, and will let y'all know what I think of it. So far, the install went amazingly fast, and first bootup was also VERY quick.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1007390

1. Was able to immediately connect to my WiFi hotspot from my phone
2. Was able to setup user profiles for starting up
3. Able to use my BT Keyboard and BT Mouse without adding BlueInput. -- Turns out does not support my BT Mouse. Keyboard support is fabulous
4. Able to immediately run WiFi sourced location for Google Maps.
5. Accurate Fix on Google Earth within about 500 yards
6. No Quadrant Standard Score yet. Will post when i have it. -- Have not been able to get an accurate test, does not run the CPU functions properly

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So, spent the day working with the the Corwin ROM and am VERY impressed. It seems to be extremely fast, I am getting really good response on bluetooth device reconnects, multitask switching, and wake time.

In using my ASI widget, I am also seeing about a 15-20% decrease in battery drain, and I spent most of the day using the tab maxed out in terms of WiFi and BT, along with Web Browsing and Quickoffice.

Overall very impressed so far, will keep running it for the next day or two and see if it is going to make it as my new daily driver.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
In using my ASI widget, I am also seeing about a 15-20% decrease in battery drain, and I spent most of the day using the tab maxed out in terms of WiFi and BT, along with Web Browsing and Quickoffice.

that is translating to maybe an additional two hours of use. I am basing that off usually after 4 hours heavy use off the charger I was down to about 35-40% and today I was only down to 57% after 4 hours with it on the whole time.

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
Still having some issues with reading the internal (EMMC) card when connect to PC. Flashed this ROM from G Harmony Gingerbread 2.3, so I can see the EMMC when in settings/storage (which I couldn't see in the 2.3 ROM), tried the Samba method, but it shows me the external card only. But when I do the USB connect to PC, shows external card, when I remove the external card, the little notification just goes around and around. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.