Could use some bluetooth keyboard help!

cgmomof3

Feb 24, 2012
I bought myself a bluetooth keyboard, hoping to make doing my homework on the le pan a little easier. I do ok with the virtual keyboard but honestly am not a huge fan of it. Anyway, when I went to set it all up the Le Pan easily found the keyboard but wouldn't connect to it. I did a little googling and ended up here where I learned of some apps to try out. I tried BlueInput and it found and connected to the keyboard immediately and in the "test" section of the app I happily typed away using my keyboard. However, when I left the app and tried it in the browser it wouldn't type anything and I kept getting the notification box at the bottom about needing to make sure BlueInput was the only box checked in the language/keyboard section of settings. When I went in there, BlueInput was checked. However, I can't figure out for the life of me how I'm supposed to turn off the android keyboard and/or the pinyin. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to turn them off? Do they even have to be turned off? I know the keyboard works because it not only worked in the "test" section, but it linked up with both my phone and my husband's with no problem at all. Can anyone give me some pointers, please? I'd appreciate it!
Amanda

caseyray2300

Feb 28, 2012
I just tried this and even went to the webpage to download the app there, it say's the product is not compatible with my device. Any Advice?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I just tried this and even went to the webpage to download the app there, it say's the product is not compatible with my device. Any Advice?

You can try clearing the Google Market cache by going into Settings>Apps>Manage>All Apps>Market>Clear Data. If that doesn't work you can Google for the .apk file to download and install directly (you can do this from the browser on the tablet).

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
which le pan do you have? I have two Le Pan IIs one has firmwre version v116 and the other has v114. the one with v116 can get bluekeyboard while the other one can't. you may have to wait for a le pan update for the keyboard o work. plus bluekeyboard is a hidden app. I have not figured out a way to sideload it. some keyboards will work without it.