Couple of issues with new A500

Nov 28, 2011
I just got my A500 on black friday from Staples. I have several issues.

1. I only have 12Gig of space.... suppose to be 16gig. The total hard drive space is only 12.5 gig...... Is there some sort of backup partition that is not seen by the OS?

2. I only have 768 meg of ram instead of 1 gig.....

I know about formatable space ect. but you don't loose 4 gig to formatting. On 16 gig you should only loose 256meg to 512meg.

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
The rest of your space is taken by the OS itself. 16Gb is the total space without the OS which takes the rest. Same thing with your memory here, there will be system processes that need to run when you turn on your device.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just got my A500 on black friday from Staples. I have several issues

1. I only have 12Gig of space.... suppose to be 16gig. The total hard drive space is only 12.5 gig...... Is there some sort of backup partition that is not seen by the OS?
System, Apps and data take some space, As well as the swap drive and your settings included. Compared to a WINDOWS system this is very lean. You'd be hard pressed to fit the same on a 30GB HDD.
2. I only have 768 meg of ram instead of 1 gig.....
The system and you apps require space to run/work and to do their job. Its the same with iOS.
I know about formatable space ect. but you don't loose 4 gig to formatting. On 16 gig you should only loose 256meg to 512meg.
What are you basing your figures on? It depends on the size size of the data clusters which also depends on the size of the drive/SD card/RAM. Talk about nitpicking!