Couple of Newbie questions

Darkmo

May 12, 2011
Just got my mid8024 yesterday. Charged the battery. Can you use the tablet while its plugged in? Also how do the books download from Aldiko? Are there any free tittles? Also what are you finding for the normal charging times? Can you recharge if battery goes down to like 25%? Thanks

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
From what I have read, you can use the tablet while it is charging, but the Coby documentation states to charge it up first. As far as books, there are a lot of sites to get epub books from (that is what Aldiko uses). If you like SciFi, I recommend Baen Books. Not only do they have their free library, they offer a lot of free books on CD's (which can be viewed here) Another couple of good source for books in general are ePub Books and Google Books.

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
Just got my mid8024 yesterday. Charged the battery. Can you use the tablet while its plugged in? Also how do the books download from Aldiko? Are there any free tittles? Also what are you finding for the normal charging times? Can you recharge if battery goes down to like 25%? Thanks

I used it while it was charging when I first got it. As far as length of time charging, my 1yr old MacBook charges faster from less than 10% battery than my 7024. I haven't honestly timed it, but I'll guess that from less than 10% battery on the 7024, it takes 3.5-4hrs to fully charge back up. At least.

It appears that your last question is asking whether there is any memory effect to worry about by not waiting til the unit is fully discharged or less than 10%. I don't know. I usually wait until it's less than 10% before recharging, but I have also just plugged it in for 30 min-1 hr when it was around 40-50% to make sure I had enough juice for my mass transit ride home. I personally think the battery life is pretty good. BTW, out of your five questions, I had to do a double-take on the 3rd one and wipe my eyes to make sure I was reading it correctly. LOL

Last edited: