Cox Communication Unleashes HDTV DVR Scheduling Android App

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
logo-cox.gif

Access Cox Remote Guide Access service
Remotely view their Cox Advanced TV program guide
Schedule recordings on their DVR​

Found this app off Android Market called Cox DVR app. Loaded this on my Flytouch ePad without issues. The only issue I had was that it was going to charge me for Data Access. But that's more for Cell Phone usage. Cox Rep told me that the service is brand spanking new since 9/14/10 and there was only Android version and no Apple iPad version. The service was only available in Connecticut, Rhode Island and Hampton Roads markets could use the Android on their mobile phones. But I told the Cox Rep I was using an Android OS Tablet and he told they never tested the app on that device. I was not going to use it with any 3G service just my WiFi Network WLAN to Cox Network. Setup was a breeze. Just use any of your Cox account user name and password. Primary or secondary accounts will also work. I was able to search all my HD Cox DVR channels on the Android Tablet using the Program Guide. I can setup to Record or Remind and more anywhere now all from my Android Tablet. The service is also available on your PC, Desktop, Laptop or Smart Phone (Android).

Source Cox Cable

Last edited: