crackling popping sounds with earbuds plugged in 7022 help!

blyyat

Aug 23, 2011
(I have not modified my 7022) ... playing mp3s or netflix (or any app with sound) I get popping, crackling sound while display is on. If I turn off display (put into standby mode) my music app will still play, and the popping and crackling artifacts go away.

BTW, my earbuds are $40 JVC and work fine in other devices.

Can anyone else confirm they have this problem with their 7022, please?

I would like to keep my 7022 (return it for a new one), but if this is a issue with all of them I'm going to return it and get something else.

Thanks!

maylea

Jul 22, 2011
Yeah. Mine does that as well. The mic also works improperly with some programs. I have a love/hate relationship right now with my 7022. I am using Creative earbuds that work fine with other devices for point of reference.

m3nd1n0

Aug 20, 2011
In my limited testing, I have not encountered the issue. So far, I have tested for it by watching a movie stored in the SD card. Do I need to wait for a long time before the issue manifests itself? I will try mp3 files next. In my test, I am using cheap Sony earbuds.

blyyat

Aug 23, 2011
In my limited testing, I have not encountered the issue. So far, I have tested for it by watching a movie stored in the SD card. Do I need to wait for a long time before the issue manifests itself? I will try mp3 files next. In my test, I am using cheap Sony earbuds.

I encountered it right away ... I've had my 7022 for 2 days. Just to be specific, it is NOT a static like noise when you rotate the headphone jack when plugged in, but rather it is a random mild popping noise. Also, I CANNOT duplicate the sound by doing inputs (like clicking buttons or rotating the screen or touch inputs).

Thanks for responding ... when you get a chance try your music app, and let us know... you can really hear it with soft music (I got the same popping sound w/ music app that came w/ the tablet and amazon MP3 app).

maylea

Jul 22, 2011
My popping started a month after I got the tablet. Now my touchscreen is becoming unresponsive and is lifting off in one corner. Quality control is lacking but to be expected at this price point. So some people may not be affected. Random quality issues.

m3nd1n0

Aug 20, 2011
Okay, I finally got around to testing a music file (mp3) and I did not encounter the issues described with the display on. My 7022 is one week old. Perhaps, there is a bad batch out there with different display related components. I would report this to Coby right away and see what they have to say. I would definitely let them know that this was witnessed on multiple devices so they can take it seriously. If I start seeing this issue after a while, I will report it to them. Good luck!

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
I have had my 7022 for 2 weeks and have not had this issue either, I would call Coby, remember speakers and stereos is how they got started it the electronics biz, they dont want bad speakers out there. The replacement and fix should be under warranty.