Craig 7" Tablet CMP 738B

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by Steele007, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Steele007

Steele007 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig
    The Craig tablet comes with quite a few apps that I don't want. Is rooting, which appears to be a big no-no until someone has figured it out, the only way to remove them?

2. Steele007

Steele007 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig
    Being a Jr member, I am just learning more about the site. I got the answer.

3. Dawnaha

Dawnaha Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig
    What was the answer? I found a thread that said to just touch the icon until moves and then a trash can will appear. That didn't happen for me. I'm hoping you have an answer.

4. jseah

jseah Member

Yes, rooting is pretty much the only way to remove bloatware. If you have an icon for the unwanted application on your home page (any one of the home screens), you can remove it from there by long pressing on the icon until the screen flashes momentarily and allows you to move the icon, and then drag it to the trash can, but the application will still be in memory somewhere and the application will still be accessible from the apps screen.

When Ice Cream Sandwich comes along, you will have the option to disable an application, so it won't run at all, but the application file itself will still be resident.

5. nawafpower

nawafpower Member

Just a fast reminder for the guy who said that only solution is rooting, for the CMP738b rooting will brick the tablet and make it a piece of crab. if you root it you're done, there is no return back for now. but does anyone know how to update this model? I couldn't find any kind of update, should be something done within the tablet.

6. nicabod

nicabod Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig 738b
    Only somewhat relevant:

I created an extra facebook icon on one of the screens, created a folder, then dragged it into the folder. Holding it in landscape mode, the full width of the folder appeared, and tapping the X at the upper right temporarily made the folder disappear (temporarily!).

7. nicabod

nicabod Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig 738b
    Update: Decause I'd created the icon, it was deletable; once I learned about pressing and holding, as described, that worked fine.