Craig CMP738B Root with working Android Market and Clean ROM IMG file

marizon

Dec 25, 2011
I cannot download books from the lumiread, you need a vouchercode... what do I fill in??? I filled in my account so I do not understand..

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
If you read the whole thread you will find another method that a few have had luck restoring wifi

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

Dec 23, 2011
I bought mine 2 days ago. It was new, wifi had already been stored (I think that's what it's called) and established. I used flushes rom- TURNED OFF WIFI- still lost wifi. I sure wouldn't try it if I was you. I have the exact same "error" on mine. Not sure what to do now?

Dec 23, 2011
Sorry if I missed it. I'm new here and not really finding my way to navigate around. I'm trying- would you please direct me to the thread that might work? I would really appreciate any help. I can't use it as it is, and they have no more in stock.

Dec 23, 2011
Okay- I want to make sure I understand this time: Currently I have a rooted (using flushes) tablet with no wifi. I should try to use the youtube video instructions, but flash the roms from his thread- please tell me which 3. I see the ones from this thread? Sorry

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
Okay- I want to make sure I understand this time: Currently I have a rooted (using flushes) tablet with no wifi. I should try to use the youtube video instructions, but flash the roms from his thread- please tell me which 3. I see the ones from this thread? Sorry

It doesn't always work. I went back and used the methods in the video with the ROMS included here. It again rooted beautifully, but WiFi is still in "ERROR" mode.

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
I bought mine 2 days ago. It was new, wifi had already been stored (I think that's what it's called) and established. I used flushes rom- TURNED OFF WIFI- still lost wifi. I sure wouldn't try it if I was you. I have the exact same "error" on mine. Not sure what to do now?

You're in the same boat I am.

You can either

Return/Exchange it

or

Find out the store's return policy. If it's 30-60 days, at least wait that long to see if someone comes up with a fix.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I used the SD card method and tried the CMP738brootedROM.img however I could not seem to get the WIFI to work so I tried the CraigCMP738BFlushs.img and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks DJ_ , Vdubbus77 for all of your hadr work and for sharing with the community.

Your wifi is working?

Sent from my Craig CMP738B using Android Market and Android Tablet Forum App. Rooted, Overclocked 1.13ghz CPU Store 1678, HoneyComb Theme, CaffeineMark and CPUboost

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
I just did everything all over again ("how to keep an idiot busy" ;)) and back to a beautifully rooted tablet and no Wi-Fi.

rex2011

Dec 4, 2011
I am curious about those of you who "root" (read: destroy) the Craig tablet and then return it as if it were the fault of the manufacturer.

Doesn't the store get suspicious...? And who do you think is getting/paying for the tablet you've ruined...?

I just don't understand this tactic, I guess.