Craig cmp738b

Angelis10569

Apr 15, 2012
I have a Craig cmp738b Starts up to the Android screen and stays there tryed to install new img. but computer dosent reconise and no sd boot! is there a way to force sd boot. The drivers from craig electronics are for a cmp738a. is that what I did wrong!

Pet_Rock

May 28, 2012
Yes. Based on my research the a and b models differ sufficiently as to be mutually incompatible when it comes to software and drivers etc. If you plan to root, don't even think about doing it with a rootkit designed for the CMP738a. You'll probably wind up bricking or hopelessly fouling up your Craig Tablet. Look for or wait until there is a good rootkit for the CMP378b. Just a warning though; there appears to be an issue with the built in wifi hardware originating from 2 different manufacturers: Ralink or Realtek. This apparently also makes a difference. This issue is still under investigation as of this writing. The Ralink version is believed to have been solved with a working rootkit already available and linked to elswhere in these forums.

Last edited: