Craig CMP745e App Errors

Asquian

Nov 13, 2012
Bought my first tablet last weekend, a Craig CMP745e. All in all for a budget tablet I'm happy with it, but have run into a couple of problems I'm hoping to find solutions or at least advice on.

Firstly, it came with Amazon app store, which turned out to be a web link, but I installed the actual app store. I've tried installing Google Play apks, but they inevitably crash, so I'll stick with workarounds for now.

Firstly, Netflix. I can install it, run it, sign in, but when it's running it doesn't register taps. It can be scrolled, up down, left, right, and I can enter text into the search field, but it will not register a tap to select a program or even for the Browse button, or even OK to close the app. Has anyone else ran into this?

Next, Angry Bird Seasons and up. It will run AB and AB: Rio, but when I try to launch anything after that, it goes black like it's going to launch it, then returns to the previous menu. any advice there?

For some specs, it's running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, has Flash 11.1, has 1 GB DDR3 and a 1.3 GHz processor. onboard it has 4GB RAM built in and I've put in a 16GB Micro SD card to give it more room to work.

on the plus side, it's been pretty capable of running most other apps I've put on it. Avast, Firefox, Spotify, Sugarsync to name a few, and it's been very friendly with the android games I've tried on it via the Humble Bundle app as well. I haven't seen much in the way of support for rooting it so I've just left that option off the table for now until it's more widespread or has more support from people who know more about that than I do.

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
Bought my first tablet last weekend, a Craig CMP745e. All in all for a budget tablet I'm happy with it, but have run into a couple of problems I'm hoping to find solutions or at least advice on.

Firstly, it came with Amazon app store, which turned out to be a web link, but I installed the actual app store. I've tried installing Google Play apks, but they inevitably crash, so I'll stick with workarounds for now.

Firstly, Netflix. I can install it, run it, sign in, but when it's running it doesn't register taps. It can be scrolled, up down, left, right, and I can enter text into the search field, but it will not register a tap to select a program or even for the Browse button, or even OK to close the app. Has anyone else ran into this?

Next, Angry Bird Seasons and up. It will run AB and AB: Rio, but when I try to launch anything after that, it goes black like it's going to launch it, then returns to the previous menu. any advice there?

For some specs, it's running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, has Flash 11.1, has 1 GB DDR3 and a 1.3 GHz processor. onboard it has 4GB RAM built in and I've put in a 16GB Micro SD card to give it more room to work.

on the plus side, it's been pretty capable of running most other apps I've put on it. Avast, Firefox, Spotify, Sugarsync to name a few, and it's been very friendly with the android games I've tried on it via the Humble Bundle app as well. I haven't seen much in the way of support for rooting it so I've just left that option off the table for now until it's more widespread or has more support from people who know more about that than I do.

I had one of these for a few hours and took it back for a refund. The problem you are experiencing with Netflix is common with ICS. Other tablet companies have released firmware updates to rectify this issue. The deal killer for me with this tablet was that it wouldn't stream two flash based shows, that I watch the most online, past the intro. ad. I tried various versions of flash, but they didn't function at all. These issues must be caused by their firmware because I have another tablet with the same chip set and these apps work fine. Chuck

Asquian

Nov 13, 2012
Hmm. So in the case of Netflix it's a case of hoping for a fix to get passed down in an update. I didn't buy the tablet as a media device so it's not a deal killer, fortunately. I may keep an eye on the Netflix issue, but considering the sheer number of other (portable) devices I already have Netflix on, eh, not a big deal.

So far the above have been the only things that didn't run, everything else I'm trying on it have worked.