Critical Information

cardplay

Nov 27, 2010
I have just purchased a Cruz Tablet and have several critical questions that i need answered.
1) Does anyone know how to obtain the MAC address for a CRUZ Tablet? I need the address to access my wireless router which has a MAC address list as part of the security arrangement.
2) Does anyone know if the Android OS can be updated from 2.0 to 2.1 on the tablet?

Thanks

cardplay

Nov 27, 2010
theres a tool or an article on the velocity cruz website for the mac address information. As far as I can tell the upgrade is not possible. We are stuck with 2.0.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There is a "planned" upgrade for the Cruz Tablet. But I think the Cruz reader will only get Firmware updates.

cardplay

Nov 27, 2010
I just talked with Cruz tech support and found that there is no OS upgrade in the works for the tablet because, according to tech support, the hardware will not accommodate an upgrade. Also, had to turn off all security on the router and used the router internal functions to find the MAC address for the tablet. Then turned back on security and added in MAC address to table. The tablet seems to require that the SSID be broadcast in order to allow connections.