Cruz T408

richardm

Nov 24, 2011
Am new to tablets. Just got this Cruz T408 and it seems like a nice tablet, but seems very restricted compared to using a windows o/s.
I can't seem to order from Amazon, even though I have an account. If someone knows what program to root this tablet, please post it here. Also, I never rooted a device, so is a root program the same for all Gingerbread 2.3 devices???

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All roots are not the same, and you need to get the Amazon Appstore App installed. Look in the Cruz subforum for more details.

And welcome to the Forum!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Do you want to order stuff from Amazon or you just want the appstore on you device? Like the Admin said, not all root are the same and all devices have their own. You would need to check what works for your tablet if there is any available.

Sorry for the intrusion pbrauer.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Not a worry Rob, we love too people helping others here.

Peter

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

richardm

Nov 24, 2011
Thanks for the fast replies. Amazon Kindle app and Amazon Android store app are pre-installed on the T408, but don't seem to work.
So far, I can't find any info on rooting this device.

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
How about going to settings/manage applications and deleting the data from the the apps? You can also try reinstalling then if that doesn't work.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

richardm

Nov 24, 2011
Got it to work. I'm just getting used to the operating system. Thanks so much. I am also very interesting in rooting the T408, but since I'm a newbie, I'm a bit scared. :eek:

kantonburg

Nov 4, 2011
I'm ordering this tablet today. I'm returning the T104 (black friday special) and didn't know at the time Flash didn't work on it. It's just too limited having a MIPS processor.

I'm curious if anyone has rooted this yet.

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
I'm ordering this tablet today. I'm returning the T104 (black friday special) and didn't know at the time Flash didn't work on it. It's just too limited having a MIPS processor.

I'm curious if anyone has rooted this yet.

I Tried....I used Z4 Root. Didn't work. Mine is under the christmas tree so I can't try again until Christmas. I plan to try Universal Androot. Someone try and tell us if it works!!

kantonburg

Nov 4, 2011
I Tried....I used Z4 Root. Didn't work. Mine is under the christmas tree so I can't try again until Christmas. I plan to try Universal Androot. Someone try and tell us if it works!!

I saw another post where someone rooted a T410 and there really isn't any reason the T408 could be also. They used Gingerbreak.

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

mayhem41

Dec 20, 2011
gingerbreak does work on the t408. i am working on getting the gapps installed but it has been a very frustrating day. i cannot seem to get the zip to work through recovery. i have also tried to install the core apps manually but they are not wanting to copy from the mirror on the sd to the actual program file. i am using root explorer for this process but to no luck. if anyone with a little more advanced knowledge has any ideas please let me know. i am using the gapps-gb-20110828 zip

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
gingerbreak does work on the t408. i am working on getting the gapps installed but it has been a very frustrating day. i cannot seem to get the zip to work through recovery. i have also tried to install the core apps manually but they are not wanting to copy from the mirror on the sd to the actual program file. i am using root explorer for this process but to no luck. if anyone with a little more advanced knowledge has any ideas please let me know. i am using the gapps-gb-20110828 zip

have you tried another gaps zip file??? Say from Cyanogen

richardm

Nov 24, 2011
OK, so I was so frustrated with my T408 being locked out from Android Market, I downloaded Gingerbreak 1.20 and installed it on my T408. Now I see the Superuser app, which is installed, but I still can't get on Android Market, it doesn't recognize my gmail accounts. Someone please help!!!! Newbie needs help.