cruz won't do the update

hoofty

Feb 14, 2011
I downloaded the update to my SD card, and followed the instructions to the letter. Every time, I get a flash of blue, as if it is going to update, BUT then I get the little android with the triangle. I reset, and try again. No luck. Anyone else have this problem? Did you solve it?

Feb 19, 2011
The update doesn't really do any good....did it to mine, and wish I would have just left it alone....there is a trick to getting it done.....you have to copy the " update.zip " to the root of your sd card....for me, I just used a blank formatted card...download the update, move it to the freshly formatted card, put it in the Cruz....hit the reset button, while holding the volume UP...when you see the CRUZ let go of the volume up button....then it should do it's thing. sometimes it takes a couple of tries....these things are finicky about getting into the recovery mode.. As I said, put the update.zip at the root( not in another directory) of the sd card, hit the reset and hold vol up, let go of vol up as SOON as CRUZ shows up, and should go.