cube tablet ics slow internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe298487

Jul 6, 2012
i have 60 meg broadband i have a cube tablet bought on ebay it says it has wireless g built in and yet i can only get about four meg is it just crappy wireless or can a setting be changed or maybe an app to speed up connection please help i like the pad but dont use it much as my phone is much faster

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
i have 60 meg broadband i have a cube tablet bought on ebay it says it has wireless g built in and yet i can only get about four meg is it just crappy wireless or can a setting be changed or maybe an app to speed up connection please help i like the pad but dont use it much as my phone is much faster

Welcome to the forum Joe

In settings tap on the connection and it should display the link speed. It could be as high as 65 or maybe even higher but if it's in the 20-50 or lower range I would look at your router as a possible problem. It doesn't matter that other devices seem to be OK, the tablet may not like something. Try a restart of your router by powering down for 30 seconds or so. Also try a channel change. WiFi Analyzer is a good app for determining the optimal channel setting.

joe298487

Jul 6, 2012
thanks leeshor the link speed seems good 72 i tried changing the channel rebooting rooter forcing it to use g range only and turning of flood protection but no joy my laptop reaches 50 meg my samsung phone reaches 30 but tablet not even four its fustating

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
thanks leeshor the link speed seems good 72 i tried changing the channel rebooting rooter forcing it to use g range only and turning of flood protection but no joy my laptop reaches 50 meg my samsung phone reaches 30 but tablet not even four its fustating

The only other things that comes to mind is that your tablet may have an app installed that is causing the problem, because your connect speed is good. You also might want to reboot it to see if that helps. Otherwise I can't think of anything as it looks like it should be fine.

joe298487

Jul 6, 2012
thanks but i put my pad back to factory settings but no joy i just wonder if ics is the problem or just poor hardware i am not sure if i put driod 2.2 would work

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Joe, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I've moved your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you. More people are likely to see it here and hopefully come up with a suggestion that helps speed up that WiFi for you. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.