CUBE U9GT 2 PC Connection

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
Hi All,

I have just bought CUBE U9GT 2 Tablet from China but my does not recognize the device and asking for a driver.

Can somebody help me how to get a driver.

Thank you.

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
Thank you for your response.

I would try maybe I can translate it.

It is possibe for anyone to help me with a link where I can get the driver for RK2918 Android 2.3. This is exactly what my PC is asking for.

Thank you.

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
http://file.mydrivers.com/DG_2011SP2_2096U.exe download this software and install it.it will automatically find the driver.but it also a chinese software.
BTW, i am chinese....

Thank you for this information! I have followed the link and downloaded a chinese software but unfortunately for me, I couldn't interprete the language. I managed to download and installed it and try to locate the menu for driver installer but all to no avail.

Could any anyone help me out with the driver for this RK2918 Android 2.3. I really need it urgently, and I would appreciate this.

Thank you.

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
Can somebody help me, my CUBE U9GT2 does not connect to android market anymore. What can I do?

Thank you

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Android Tablet Forum

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
Great!!! I have resolved the Market connection issue.

I chenged the time setting to be obtained from network, and the market has been conncting since then. That is "use network-provided value" in the setting. That settles it.

This might not work for every device, mind you!

Thank you.

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
PC connection is the prsisted problem I'm currently having, if anyone has a way out.

phat

Dec 27, 2011
I got a few of these tablets and I have been trying to use the Rockchip Batch Tool to load in the 4.0 image. However I have only managed to get the tablet detected once, I assume it's a USB driver issue with Win7 but I'm not sure. The device shows up as an "HTC Dream Composite ADB Interface" in my device manager and I can't update the driver with any of the ones that I have found that are possibly related to this tablet.

This DG_2011SP2_2096U.exe driver doesn't seem to want to run on my Win7 machine.

Any help on how to load this thing would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Youtube video of it running on this tablet. Also got to see it live in HK.

Last edited by a moderator:

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
Thank you!

some weeks back I finally did what you have just suggested, and it worked/

Thank you.

davelinne

Nov 9, 2011
I made a post couple of weeks back regarding my PC not recognizing the CUBE U9GT 2 and requested for a driver.

Problem Solved:
Follow this steps and you are there:-

1. Switch on your Android tablet or CUBE U9GT 2, connect it to your PC via USB. On the menu bar below your tablet screen, you would see a USB connection and Android symbols (meaning a device has been connected to your tablet). The last two symbols on the right side of the menu. See below:
$SAM_0873.JPG

Meanwhile, your PC must have displayed a message saying "Windows need to install driver software for your RK2918SDK" as shown below, JUST INGORE IT.

$SAM_0876.JPG

2. On the far right corner of the same bar menu bar below your tablet screen, you would see a clock, battery level, wifi etc symbols, touch the area and a task menu or bar would pop up, it should looks like this below:

$SAM_0877.JPG

This should show other task running on your tablet at the moment.

3. Select the "USB connected, select to copy files to/from your computer" link.

4. Your tablet screen must have changed to what looks like this below:
$SAM_0880.JPG
Note: The colour Android symbol is green at this stage.

5. On the far right below corner of your tablet screen, you would see a grey or white button with text "Turn on Mass Storage" or something like that. Touch it and this would activate mass storage function of your tablet internal storage and if you have SD card (including your SD card connected to your tablet) on your PC and you would be able to copy files to/from your pc.

6. The screen of your tablet should look like this:

$SAM_0881.JPG
Note: The colour of the Android symbol now turned to orange, showing that mass storage function is running. You can do other things on your tablet as usual but the mass storage locations on your tablet may not be available untill you disconnect it from your pc.

Job done!!!!!!!

With this you do not need CUBE U9GT2 or RK 2918 SDK driver installation on your PC at all. Close the "Fund New Hardware" notice on your pc, and continue to transfer your files.

If this works for you, please reccommend it for others.

Thank you.

Feb 13, 2012
thanks for posting this info and the great visuals. I had been trying to figure it out for weeks because the CD was suppose to come in the package to install as a new hardware. Customer Service was no help.

So this worked for me, but now how do I access the storage are where I placed the docs from my PC to my tablet?

Thanks for your helpful insight to figuring out of a tablet is what I need.

Feb 13, 2012
thanks for posting this info and the great visuals. I had been trying to figure it out for weeks because the CD was suppose to come in the package to install as a new hardware. Customer Service was no help.

So this worked for me, but now how do I access the storage are where I placed the docs from my PC to my tablet?

Thanks for your helpful insight to figuring out of a tablet is what I need.

ok found the storage area with the help of another thread, so I will put the answer here in case someone sees this thread on how to connect with USB and then the next issue is how to access the storage like I had.........on my tablet There was an explorer icon when I went to the home area. When you click on that icon it takes you to where you see a list such as SD Card, Internal Memory, USB. If you click on the Internal Memory that is where you will find the doc added to the tablet by USB from your PC.

Now to figure out how to open the microsoft docs I added. The promo for the tablet indicated that it is microsoft compatibly. But it will not open them so any suggests for that issue? My user manual is useless accept to tell you how to turn it on and off. What did I expect for a $150 tablet?

merodesh

Oct 3, 2012
I have been looking for this . Thank u so much. I thought the machine was assembled without a vision.Hope this will work for me.