Cube U9GT4 Vs Ainol Crystal

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
$DSC_0096.JPG
Looks(I can only upload 5 pics,so the main pic about the details can't put here)
Keywords:angular,round
The same 7'' tablet,the same light plastic shell,the similar classic white back cover and black front face,cube u9gt4 shares too much commons with ainol novo 7 crystal.The main difference I feel is the sense of touch.when I'm holding cube u9gt4,it touches sharp and angular,while ainol crystal is kind of round and smooth designed.I can't say which one has higher quality,but ainol crystal looks cheaper made than cube u9gt4 (BTW,I personally think it looks like rumored mini ipad pic).

Tech Specs
Keywords:low cost,high quality.
Within $100 tablets,cube u9gt4 and ainol crystal are without doubt the best choices as holiday gifts.
I don't know if this is the coincidence,but it is coincident.Two tablets come with so similar tech specs,cube runs a RK3066 1.6GHz cortex-A9 dual core CPU,ainol crystal chooses an Amlogic 8726-M6 1.5GHz Cortex-A9 dual core,they both pack a 7'' 1024*600 capacitive screen IPS display,which looks great from all angles.Meanwhile,they have no rear cameras,cube u9gt4 has only one front face 2.0 Megapixels camera,ainol crystal,0.3 Megapixels.Both tablets are also the outstanding representatives of android 4.1 tablets in entry level tablet market.
However;there are not only good things in common but also bad things.Cube u9gt4 has no bluetooth(so does ainol crystal),which is like google nexus forgeting TF card slot.A lot of inconvenience will come to us when we use the tablet.

Tests
Keywords:Benchmarks,WIFI Analyzer;
$Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-04-36.jpg$Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-11-24.jpg
From the tests,we can easily see that Cube U9GT4 receive stronger wifi signal than Ainol Crystal,though just a little bit.It also gets more scroes from benchmark test.I planed to do a speedtest for two tablets,however;the app can not be compatible in ainol crystal,it's hard to compare two tablets with two different apps,so I quit.

Attachments

• $iaqW1.png
    $iaqW1.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 6,147
  • $Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-29-29.png
    $Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-29-29.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 3,263
D

Dawnstar

Same company Shenzhen Alldo Cube Technology And Science Co., Ltd.

BTW good photoshop test pictures IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
We just finished reviewing both tablets today.

They seem pretty similar to us, although the novo7 crystal is the better tablet in our opinion as the cube has no HDMI output, no Charger jack (so u have to charge with USB), no OTG cable or earphones in the package and a worse camera (0.3mp).

Spec
ModelCube U9GT4Novo7 Crystal
Operating System4.1.14.1.1
Display7 inch 5 points IPS capacitive touch screen7 inch capacitive touchscreen IPS
Resolution1024*600 pixels1024*600
CPURockchip RK3066 Dual Core 1.6GHzAmlogic 8726-M6 Cortex-A9 Dual Core 1.5GHZ
GPUMali 400Mali 400
RAM1GB DDR31GB DDR3
ROM8GB8GB
CameraFront 0.3 megapixels2.0 megapixels
WiFi802.11 b/g/n802.11 b/g/n
3Gvia Donglevia Dongle
MicrophoneYesYes
G-sensorYesYes
BluetoothNoNo
HDMINoYes
GPSNoNo
FlashFlash 11Flash 11
Android MarketYesYes
3D GamingYesYes
Connectivity
To PCvia USB (Micro Type B)via USB (Mini Type B)
To 3G Donglevia USB OTGvia USB OTG
To HD DeviceNot Availablevia HDMI Mini
To External Storagevia USB (Micro Type B)via USB (Mini Type B)
Power
Battery

3000 Mah
3700 Mah
Working Time4-5 Hours4-5 Hours
Power DeviceUSB AC AdapterAC Adapter
Appearance
ColorBlack/SilverBlack/White
Dimensions184 x 131 x 11.5mm189.3 x 120.93 x 11.2mm
Net Weight350g328g
Aditional Info
Ports1 x Micro SD Card Slot1 x DC In
1 x Earphone Jack1 x Micro SD Card Slot
1 x Micro USB (Type B)1 x Earphone Jack
1 x HDMI Mini Slot
1 x Mini USB (Type B)
What's in the box1 x Tablet PC1 x Tablet PC
1 x USB AC Charger (seperate)1 x AC Charger (seperate)
1 x Micro USB Cable (Type B)1 x Mini USB Cable (Type B)
1 x User Manual1 x OTG Cable (Mini Type B)
1 x User Manual
1 x Earphone

D

Dawnstar

We just finished reviewing both tablets today.

They seem pretty similar to us, although the novo7 crystal is the better tablet in our opinion as the cube has no HDMI output, no Charger jack (so u have to charge with USB), no OTG cable or earphones in the package and a worse camera (0.3mp).

The Cube do have HDMI output also you can't charge the Cube with a PC!!!, i got 3 cables and earphones with my Cube

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
The Cube do have HDMI output also you can't charge the Cube with a PC!!!, i got 3 cables and earphones with my Cube

Thats strange, our batch didn't have the HDMI, in the settings menu or an external port for a cable?? Are you sure its a U9GT4? The little 7inch Cube?

I didn't know that you couldn't charge them via the computer thats interesting, but there is no DC Jack so my point was that you would have to charge through a USB cable into a DC plug adapter (like iphones etc), meaning when you're charging the tablet you couldn't have a dongle plugged in at the same time so no internet when on charge :( , which could be annoying.

Feryl

Oct 18, 2012
i have also got a new tablet for holiday.ePad ICS which costs $133.63 is my favourite one,especially the 7 inch screen.Show you pictures:
$A20724_4.jpg