Curious about Rooting my S7 Slim. . . Opinion?

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
So I'm contemplating the possibility of rooting my S7 slim. I consider myself pretty technologically proficient, however I've never rooted any of my devices. I was always happy and content with stock on my android phones. However, the S7 is much more limited than my Droid X in terms of what it can do.

I bought my slim about 2 months ago here in the US. Everything is stock. But I'd at the very least like to put a new launcher on it. It's running 2.2 at the moment.

I heard people talking about superoneclick. Is that easy to do? Does that work with my S7? Is the risk of bricking my phone reasonably low?

Thanks

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Super One Click will work fine to root the s7 slim.That is the program most of us have used. An added bonus is that we now have a working clockwork recovery which will allow you to make a nandroid backup of the rom and all your apps. If you do have problems later, you can restore the saved nandroid image back to the slim. Rooted, you have lots of options and the slim is a very capable tablet.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I don't think CWR will back up the apps, I use Titanium for backing up my apps.

davidshirt

Jul 24, 2011
I just received my Slim S7 yesterday. It's running 2.2.2, I just wonder if I'd have to root? I noticed yesterday I had a problem downloading aps. Nothing seemed to download.

davidshirt

Jul 24, 2011
Actually that was the first thing I did after unboxing it. I will figure it out.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Music

Feb 5, 2011
The S7 Slim looks to be a troublesome device, as the customized 2.2 is very particular about being rooted, and third-party launchers. It seems Huawei made a good effort to prevent people from fooling with things.

I noticed there's a settings screen for updates. What kind of updates would that be, OTA OS upgrades maybe?