Current news on the Asus TF700T, anyone got more information?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Was wondering if anyone had some up to date news on the Asus TF700T.
I like this forum because it covers a wide range of Andorid Tablets and appears to have a great deal of information on hand.
Here is a bit I found on the TF700T. Anyone else know any more?

Asus Transformer Prime getting redesign to fix GPS and add upgrades

Asus Transformer Prime getting redesign to fix GPS and add upgrades

Asus-Transformer-Prime-getting-redesign-to-fix-GPS-and-add-upgrades.jpg

Asus has essentially acknowledged that it made a mistake in the design of the Transformer Prime by announcing there will be a redesigned Prime coming in Q2 with a couple extra upgrades as well. We haven't seen any demos or pictures of what the redesign will actually entail, but given why the Prime has been having problems, we can expect that nice aluminum casing will have at least a block of it swapped out for plastic.

Other than the redesign, Asus is making this model of the Prime (supposedly model TF700T) a bit of a premium model compared to what is on the market now. Overall, the specs are the same as the Prime that's on the market now (model TF201), the same Tegra 3 processor, same dimensions, same connectivity and storage options. The two bumps that this model will be getting are in a 2 MP front camera instead of the current 1.2 MP, and the Super IPS+ display will be bumped up to 1920x1200 resolution instead of the 1280x800. It wasn't part of the report, but we feel safe in assuming that this model will ship with Ice Cream Sandwich.

Unfortunately, it looks like the upgrades are bumping up the price a bit as well with the 32 GB starting at $599 and the 64 GB at $699. The new Transformer Prime is expected to be released in North America in Q2 of this year.

Thanks Spider

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-higher-end-transformer-prime-ces-tf700t.html

Asus certainly isn't "resting on their laurels" with their Android tablets. Not only have they been hard at work to bring ICS to their lineup, they are also going to be adding more to their lineup. They just revealed at CES today that they will offer a higher-end version of the new Transformer Prime, called the Tranformer Prime TF700T. (The above picture is simply the regular Transformer Prime since Asus has not provide any different pics for this new version. Many of the specs are similar, but their are some notable exceptions detailed below:
  • A higher resolution (1920x1200) display
  • An improved front facing camera (2MP)
  • A new back panel design
It appears that one of the primary reasons for this pseudo-refreshed Transformer Prime was to address some of the GPS issues plaguing the original because of the all-aluminum design. Their new design purports to also enhance performance of WiFi and Bluetooth as well. It's a shame that the first product was somewhat marred by this design flaw, but it looks like that Asus is trying to rectify the situation to a certain degree, at least moving forward.

As an interesting side-note, they also announced a new and improved 7-Inch Eee pad MeMO, the MeMO ME370T. Here's a breakdown of its specs:
  • 7” WXGA (1280 x 800) IPS panel with capacitive touch
  • 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm 8260 processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16GB/32GB eMMC internal storage and "ASUS Webstorage" options
  • WLAN 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, and Qualcomm GPS One
  • 5MP rear camera with autofocus and 1080P recording and 1.2MP front camera
  • G-sensor, e-compass, light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor
  • Micro-USB port, micro-HDMI (1.3a), and MicroSD card reader
  • 4400mAh lithium-polymer battery with 8.5hrs video playback
  • 7.8 x 4.6 x 0.50” and 14.2oz
They did not share any details on pricing or availability of either device, but we will keep on the lookout to let you know as soon as more info arrives.

Source: TransformerForums via AndroidPolice

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Wrong tablet, this thread is about the Asus Transformer Prime TF700T.
Thanks just the same

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the link. The I actually read it before but paid no attention to the linked articles which I read this time around.
The more I read about the TF700T the more I am convinced that I will be getting it. But it will be toward the end of the year.. To many bills and other things that need to be addressed now.
And my VTAB1008 works great. A larger screen would have been nice but it works well for everything I need and I use it more and more all the time. I think the lap top in the kitchen may be getting jealous or lonely.

Time just isn't going by fast enough, but I want to know more about the TF700T, how they corrected the antenna problem, not just speculation but what they actually did.
I sent Asus a email for a work around and I am interested to know if it was considered or if they are taking a different way.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: