Curtis klu LT8025

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
Just recently got a Curtis KLU LT8025. This will be my first experience with a tablet. Just curious if anyone else has come across this one. For it's basic use, browsing the web. It's pretty good for a 8" screen. But I do have to go buy a micro SD card to install apps and etc.

My eventual purpose would be to set it up for my physically challenge deaf mature niece.

Last edited:

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010
Just recently got a Curtis KLU LT8025. This will be my first experience with a tablet. Just curious if anyone else has come across this one. For it's basic use, browsing the web. It's pretty good for a 8" screen. But I do have to go buy a micro SD card to install apps and etc.

No you dont have to buy an sd card for apps, its just easier to load apk's that way for me, you can actually plug in the cable and use a usb flash drive, or a hardwire to ethernet... it has built in wifi and the market it comes with is SAM, slide me...so you have several options, It plays FLV's so i would get a free program called handbrake to rip dvd's then get anyconvert to make them flv's alos a free book reader called ireader, and a program called calibre to convert ebooks, have fun with your new tablet!

Ammo_1984

Apr 18, 2011
I bought this same tablet 4-15-2011. it works well, I think. it is my first android device so i have nothing to compair it to.
I like the size of the screen but do wish i could figure out how to put flash on it so it will do more web based stuff.
For the price ($149.99 at Big Lots) i am very happy with it.

Any suggestions on how to upgrade it, better battery (only lasts about 3 hours), more internal memory, etc...

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
anhaus,
Thxs for suggestions. I see if i can track does apps now. Where is the best website to locate apps? I have done a few searchs, but have not been to happy.

Ammo,
I got mine at Big Lots, too. For the price it worth trying one out.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Big Lot's is selling this.. Wow! Did you use your 20% off card on it though? Doesn't sound like you did!

You two have this one right?

viewer10.png

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
I bought this too yesterday but don't have a good experience so far with this. Internet browsing I thought was way too slow and downloading apps directly from the android market was painful to say the least. I want apps like amazon kindle, etc. on this but it's just a pain. Maybe it is like this on all the tablets NOT running honeycomb because tablets are ONLY supposed to really have honeycomb?

sdmenchaca

Apr 18, 2011
I purchased one yesterday. I'm having no luck with downloading Flashplayer to watch Youtube or any video clips from any of the sites (ABC.COM, CBS.COM or NBC.COM) I ahead and purchased a SD card after the unit said that I needed to use a SD Card to download adobe. It keeps saying download failed? Any suggestions?

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
tipster,
yes that's the one I have. No, I didn't use by 20%.

TabTab,
I did notice download speed was slow using the WiFi. I instead tried the network cable. Speed picked up, but not by much. I did have problems installing from Android Market. Always kept getting "Android Phone not associated with the account" something like that. I was able to install from 'getandroidstuff', but know it's an older site I found.

sdmenchaca,
Sound like I did the same thing you did. LOL. Yeah, I try installing flash and that didn't work either for me.

angelday

Apr 18, 2011
I got one too at big lots. I'm new to the whole tablet/android thing. I was wondering if it is upgradable to android 2.2 or even the new 3.0 platform? There isn't alot of info for this particular tablet online. I did go to the curtis website and there is a firmware update for the 7 in model but nothing for the 8 in. I did read on several other forums that 3.0 android tablets should be flooding the market in mid 2011, so Im not sure if I should keep this one or if I should wait til the better ones come out. Being new to this I dont even know if what I bought is decent or not. I got it for my 17 year old son since his Ipod touch was stolen and this would be cool for him when he goes off to culinary school to download cookbooks and to email from and check his myspace or whatever. So if someone is willing to give us noobs a review or any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

angelday

Apr 18, 2011
I meant to add the specs for it when I posted earlier:

Model: Sawee Pad (so is this a superpad?)
Firmware: 2.1-update 1 V1.8: #3256
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build # ERE27

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
I have a microcard plugged into the top slot. The one below the headphone jack. I can't get the flash player installed. What could I be doing wrong? Did I go to the wrong website for the player?

Retried after doing Download Flash 10.1 For Android 2.1 Eclair. I even restarted the Tablet. Still not playing any flash videos.

Last edited:

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
Last edited:

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
This had the potential to be a good tablet but not in its current form. I will be returning it toady after 3 days of frustration. Things could be better if the wifi worked faster. Because of the slow wifi, browsing is painful. Also, since tablets are not technically phones, apps cannot be downloaded on them and only be transported from a SD card. I was able to install the market apk but was not able to actually run it.
If this tablet has a future upgrade path to honeycomb or even 2.2 then it will be worth it. I like the screen and it is fairly responsive for a resisitive screen.