Curtis klu LT8025

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
I have given up on tablets with resistive screens. No matter how many settings you alter, it does not matter. I went on ebay and found some 7" tablets with android 2.2 and capacitive screens for around $159. I will be giving them a try next.

efh777

Apr 18, 2011
I purchased on and have had a very good experience. I have downloaded about 100 apps from freewarelovers.com - I have some excellent WIFI apps, games. I joined the Amazon Android Store - A lot of FREE .apk apps - Including "Angry Birds Season" - I have used both USB method (Using included USB/Ethernet Dongle) and downloaded to device. Some apps don't like to add using USB, but most do. I have a few Battery apps, that increase battery life. This is my second tablet, so this is a HUGE jump from my first Android 1.6 tablet.
No GPS, but I know that sucks battery life. I found a YOUTUBE app, and a Flash 10.1 hack from a 2.2 forum. So this is a very capable device. Two TF/Micro SD slots - So I figure you could deck this out with at least 32 Gb (2 x 16Gb)..Maybe even 64. I am buying 8GB cards for 12 bucks, so not sure it's worth it. Could put at least 2 movies on an 8Gb card, and swap it out.
So, no android marketplace, but SLIDEME, and AMAZON gets a lot of apps. The FREEWARELOVERS site has hundreds of Apps - I am download A power app on forum, so will get more stuff. For $150 at Biglots, not bad. My next one will have 2.2 Froyo, GPS, Flash 10.1 Front/Rear cameras (I am looking at Viewsonic Viewpad7 for 299 at Tigerdirect)..But to play around...Curtis KLU (LT8025) states it canadian...probably import the device, since manual is in CHINGLISH - But not bad...If you want to try a decent tablet, give it a try. (I neither work for Big Lots or Curtis). If you want, I will give you the names of the Apps I have loaded. They are out there.

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
I tried another Curtis tablet from Big Lots and this one has a great feel to it. I can swipe and scroll with a real light touch of the finger. The protective screen is still on and maybe that's why it is more responsive? This almost feels like a capacitive screen. Thanks tp efh777, i will now load all the apps I like even though this does not support market.

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
Curious if anyone has use the builtin app call Email?

I want to delete an email account after I have added it. But I can't seem to find a way to delete the account. I only find Add account.

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
$Curtis LT8025.jpgTipstir, Hope this helps.

$Browser View.jpg

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010

I have had this unit for a month now, all in all it does exactly what i want, A few minor points, The volume is very low, and the built in browser is slow, changing to anothe browser like skyfire or miren will probably be the first things you want to do. I havent found any decent hacks to increase the volume. The big pain is that there is little information on this unit so i havent seen anyone upgrade it to 2.2 Points i like dual microSD i have 2 16's in it now, I like the fact it also has a dongle with 2 usb ports. Camera quality isnt that good tho.. Im currently using it for a portable wifi survey and there are soome good apps for that. Love this site and thanks for all the great information everyon has been posting and special thanks to tipstir!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I am helping another member with his trying to change the default settings to increase performance, and I can get your volume to the max + 1. But it has to be tested though. Go into the browser settings and disable Enable Plug-ins. Clear your cache. Actually go here I've put together a package to install Market manually and apps to use. But it has to be tested. I was waiting on the member to help me out.

freddyzdead

May 1, 2011
Help!!! I bricked it!!

The wifi stopped working and I ended up flashing it with a ZenniThink firmware that was close but not close enough. Now all I get is a white screen. How to get ahold of the original FW? I used the so-called WinHex method; these are the files I flashed to it:
ramdisk.img 160 kB
system.img 119,040 kB
uImage 2,708 kB
userdata.img 9 kB
zSYS.img 68,641 kB

The instructions for the bootable SD card worked very well and the unit happilly booted from it and loaded all the files without any fuss. When it rebooted I got just the white screen. I've tried a few others after that but not surprisingly, no luck. I need the original files, or somebody to port 2.2 to it. Anybody done it yet?

Would be nice if Tipstir or somebody else who knows what (s)he's doing could extract the firmware from a working unit and post it here. I suppose that's possible, isn't it?

Last edited:

GLA142

May 1, 2011
I bought a Curtis tablet also to read PDF for school reading assignments and its great for what I needed for. Its nice for my first tablet.

tdxl99

May 3, 2011
I ust got my KLU LT 8025, tried to install an app VTL Launcher and then screwed my table, getting: Theapplication VTL launcher (process android.process.acore) has stoppedunexpectedly.Please try again. now I cant do anything have you got this error? is there a way to reinstall or reset my tablet???

Apr 25, 2011
Help!!! I bricked it!!

The wifi stopped working and I ended up flashing it with a ZenniThink firmware that was close but not close enough. Now all I get is a white screen. How to get ahold of the original FW? I used the so-called WinHex method; these are the files I flashed to it:
ramdisk.img 160 kB
system.img 119,040 kB
uImage 2,708 kB
userdata.img 9 kB
zSYS.img 68,641 kB

The instructions for the bootable SD card worked very well and the unit happilly booted from it and loaded all the files without any fuss. When it rebooted I got just the white screen. I've tried a few others after that but not surprisingly, no luck. I need the original files, or somebody to port 2.2 to it. Anybody done it yet?

Would be nice if Tipstir or somebody else who knows what (s)he's doing could extract the firmware from a working unit and post it here. I suppose that's possible, isn't it?

freddyzdead - there is a way to recover (possibly)...I was able to do a factory reset, but my wireless ceased to work afterwards. This might be specific to my unit, so if you want to roll the dice, you can do the following:

Hold POWER, HOME and BACK. You'll get to a black screen that says "Press the required keys for a factory reset. System will boot in 5, 4, 3...)". Press POWER, HOME and BACK again and the system will do a reflash with the base firmware.

Again, this is WAY your mileage may vary...also, a rep from Curtis did tell me that they are working on getting out some firmware in the next three weeks or so.

tdxl99

May 3, 2011
Hi
I tried holding POWER, HOME and BACK, and it also said "Press the required keys for a factory reset. System will boot in 5, 4, 3...) then when I press POWER, HOME and BACK again, I get the message: "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" so I agree with freddyzdead, If somebody could extract the firmware from a working unit and post it here, I'd love him(here), I've called three times to Curtis and none of them gives me a good explanation, last one told me to reset computer, then full charge it and restart, what happened? nothing, then call again and the guy told me to call in 2 days to check if there's a new firmware, hahaha.

efh777

Apr 18, 2011
I downloaded on of Tipsters Android APK packs - It contains about 100 android apps - Youtube was one of them...I also got Market running. I was loading so many apps, I lost track on what I did...I was clicking and adding apps like crazy. If you still need it, I have the original App pack. I will try to see where I downloaded it. Tipster is the man...So look for app packs. If not, I will set up an FTP site to allow downloading.