Curtis klu LT8025

allensy2010

May 5, 2011
hey efh, you got the android market working on this tab? The only markets that I was able to get working on it so far, was applanet, and the stock slideme. There is an update for the slideme app tho, goto www.slideme.org, and download the update. it is 4.1 instead of 4.0 Also, guys what I found out too.. is if you use the cpuboost and set your max to 710400 and minimum to 614400, it will boost your overall score to around 859+ big jump from 830

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Help!!! I bricked it!!

The wifi stopped working and I ended up flashing it with a ZenniThink firmware that was close but not close enough. Now all I get is a white screen. How to get ahold of the original FW? I used the so-called WinHex method; these are the files I flashed to it:
ramdisk.img 160 kB
system.img 119,040 kB
uImage 2,708 kB
userdata.img 9 kB
zSYS.img 68,641 kB

The instructions for the bootable SD card worked very well and the unit happilly booted from it and loaded all the files without any fuss. When it rebooted I got just the white screen. I've tried a few others after that but not surprisingly, no luck. I need the original files, or somebody to port 2.2 to it. Anybody done it yet?

Would be nice if Tipstir or somebody else who knows what (s)he's doing could extract the firmware from a working unit and post it here. I suppose that's possible, isn't it?

The method described above is OLD and creates a bootable sd with an incompatible boot image.

Thanks to tipstir - Big Lot's has the Curtis KLU LT8025 for $149.99

The Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8" Tablet has been identified as missing member of the infoTM product family of tablets. Now the line up is complete with 7", 8" & 10".

View attachment 2321

infoTMIC Home >> Products & Services>> Tablet PC

The Sylvania 7" SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 (manually updated to Android 2.2 "Froyo") and the 10" SYTAB10MT (SYNET10LP) along with the Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8" Tablet all share the same programming issues, so collaboration to fix the annoyances would be beneficial as the 8" device is still running Android 2.1, no update to 2.2 identified yet.

Here are some http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html that may apply to working through some of the known annoyances and fixes.

Caution as the screen drivers maybe an issues between 7", 8" & 10" devices.

Current update files and newer methods have been identified that could be utilized to bring 2.2 to this device.

How to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7/Disgo 6000 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"
Using a microSD card OR from computer using USB cable and OTG Port

Updates seem to be hardware version specific and can be identified using either of the methods described in Step 1 post above or it may be displayed on the screen.
Code:
Curtis Klu infotm
0.7.3.1(658)
To date - Identified hardware versions -

hwver=0.7.1.5
hwver=0.7.3.1

Using this information as described in Step 2, in the above post, the appropriate update file can be download.

http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=0.7.1.5&vcode=0 returns the following:

5|http://222.73.93.45/update/0.7.1.5/WWE08B_Android-2.1_0.7.1.5_v5full.ius

The "5" may be the current Version Code available for the device. If anything below 5 is entered in the get command above for "vcode=?" it will return this link once it is set to 5 it return "1".

0.7.3.1 doesn't return a link but it is similar to the Flytouch 2 hwver 0.6.3.1 and the SYTAB10MT (SYNET10LP) hwver 11.6.3.1

The Flytouch hwver doesn't return a link but the Sylvania 10" SYTAB10MT (SYNET10LP) does -
11|http://222.73.93.45/update/11.6.3.1/0106rd_11.6.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius

Again, display 8" versus 10" MAY BE AN ISSUE but using these methods the individual U0, Kernel, Ramdisk, UserData, and system.img could be extracted an burned using the USB mode: Expert burn after modification using the "InfoTM Update Wrap Tool" and instructions referenced in manual update process Step 3.

Also, looking to bring http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/13816-honeycomb-sylvania-tablet.html so any assistance is appreciated.

Last edited:

progizmo

May 8, 2011
Hey Guys,

We picked up the Curtis Klu a week or so ago and put it through the paces. Depending on what you are looking for, this little guy could be right for you, considering it's price. We did a full review, you can check it out at http://goprogizmo.com. Hope you all like the review! There will be many more coming.

Cheers!

cyrusphotonut

May 8, 2011
We just recently bought one of these tablets also and so far we love it. The only problems we seem to be having with it is turning on Java. Can't figure out how to do that. We also can't seem to figure out how to get it to connect using ethernet. We know where to go to turn the ethrnet on, it just never seems to connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thank-you!
Lisa

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks do you know what the FCC ID is? Look on the box or in the manual or the device itself. Need to know who makes this tablet. The new Curtis/Sylvania 10" is the same tablet only difference is that's 10.1" cost $50 bucks more for it. Not sold at Big Lots.

tipster, I'll try and get that this evening. I have been out of commission for awhile- had the Shingles. :(

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
We just recently bought one of these tablets also and so far we love it. The only problems we seem to be having with it is turning on Java. Can't figure out how to do that. We also can't seem to figure out how to get it to connect using ethernet. We know where to go to turn the ethrnet on, it just never seems to connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thank-you!
Lisa

I had to physically hard code my network with an IP address in order to connect with the ethernet cable.

renorcr

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks do you know what the FCC ID is? Look on the box or in the manual or the device itself. Need to know who makes this tablet. The new Curtis/Sylvania 10" is the same tablet only difference is that's 10.1" cost $50 bucks more for it. Not sold at Big Lots.

No Luck locating the FCC ID. Looked in the manual cover to cover. Nothing on the box.

Brennan

May 10, 2011
Hi, How do you like your KLU. I just bought one, but it would be nice to talk with someone who has owned one a while. Could you call me? 909-797-9686

Rick

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
No Luck locating the FCC ID. Looked in the manual cover to cover. Nothing on the box.

Someone already found the FCC ID and has photo's of the internals. I have created two files to improve the performance. It has been already tested.

efh777

Apr 18, 2011
OK, I get the stupid stick for today!!! tried updating my Curtis KLU LT8025 - Bricked it...I have tried 6 images of 2.1 and 2.2. Superpad, GOME, HAIWEE - the GOME seemed to work, meaning I get a screen, but it is just the splash scrreen (Meteor) and then white screen. Some updates blink white screen. I just want to get it working again...Anyone have any suggestions....The company "CURTISINT" don't seem to know what FIRMWARE means. There must be similar tablets out there...I am using Winimager to write the images to SDCARD - I see the updates happening. I wanted to play...ok, I played. I have a Herotab C8, so I am still online with Android..
Any help is wanted. Thanks in advance. I am having fun, but some progress would be better...tried about 5 images with no luck. Can't believe it is custom ROM image - The Sylvania unit is supposed to be very similar.
Model - SAWEE Pad
Firmware - 2.1-update1 V1.8:#3256
Kernal - 2.6.32.9 neville@neville-desktop #18
Build - ERE27

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Can't believe it is custom ROM image - The Sylvania unit is supposed to be very similar.
Model - SAWEE Pad
Firmware - 2.1-update1 V1.8:#3256
Kernal - 2.6.32.9 neville@neville-desktop #18
Build - ERE27

Believe it or not the Model and Firmware versions, on most infoTMIC tablets, are hard coded in the Settings.apk and are useless in identifying the device. Here's an example -

Code:
    .line 59
    const-string v1, "firmware_version"

const-string v2, "Android2.2-20110325"

invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setStringSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

.line 60
    const-string v1, "baseband_version"

const-string v2, "gsm.version.baseband"

invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setValueSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

.line 61
    const-string v1, "device_model"

const-string v2, "disco"

invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setStringSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

If the device still boots and you can either adb or install a Terminal Emulator can you post the Hardware ID "hwver" of the device to assist in identifying the known update files?

Please see this post for a description on how to obtain the needed information - infoTMIC Hardware ID's "hwver" and updates (*.ius)

Once you have posted the "hwver" there are several different update methods depending on the device and update files available. The device will need to be updated using either a bootable microSD card, two stage SD card method, burn with USB cable using either Easy or Expert mode. The method to update can be determined once the "hwver" is identified and the corresponding update files are located.

Last edited:

Jimsworld

May 23, 2011
NEW! Download Power Collection Package 282
Download Here Released date: 3.15.11
Wish folks were more clear when they write stuff (Tipster!).
lol.gif

To download this collection of Android Apps:
1. Download it to your Mac or PC.
2. Uncompress the download (Stuffit Expander works on Mac or PC)
3. Copy to your memory card
4. Turn off tablet and insert the memory card into 1st memory card slot
5. Turn on tablet
6. Find the files using your Tablets file manager
7. Click app you wish to install.

OK.
And just forget about any firmware updates or any sort of root level mumbo jumbo until the Curtis Klu folks release a firmware update --
that is, unless you have 12 hours of your life to waste.

Here's what you do.
- Go buy any cheap Android tablet (biglots, frys, whatever)
- Download the Tipster download set (follow notes above)
- Install Launcher Pro
- Install Univeral Androot
- Install CPUBoost and set to 614400/768000
- Install Skyfire and Dolphin Mini and Opera Mobile (try each)
- Set up your "Accounts and Sync" gmail account
- Create an account at Amazon if you haven't already
- Install Amazon App Store, http://amazon.com/appstore
- Install K-9 Mail
- Turn off, then turn on tablet -- Have fun!

From there it's all downhill. Enjoy!

Do you have an Android phone as well?
- Install Dropbox on your phone and tablet. Download apps using your phone, then use Dropbox get the apps that market won't let you download (because market does'nt work).

* Market will not work and cannot be installed by anyone but super-geeks, so "forget about it..."
Use Amazon Appstore and the pre-installed Slideme appstore until Curtis releases an update.

Last edited:

Jimsworld

May 23, 2011
I think that like a lot of these relatively first gen Android tablets these aren't exactly "ready for Grandma."

A lot of tweaks and frustration goes into owning one of these tablets. But then if you are reading this forum, you are a glutton for said treatment (or, you are too cheap to buy an iPad (aka, Me). :)

That said, the best use for the included earphones that come with the Klu8025 are as toys for your parrot; or consdier attaching some feathers too them and give 'em to your cat to chew on.

Enjoy!