custom firmware for the 7015b

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
is there any custom firmware for the kyros 7015b that increases its performance, speed etc?

Honestly no, there isn't any custom firmware or roms that increases speed or performance on any Coby device using Telechips kernels, as they are locked down, there are roms for Coby devices using Telechips kernels, they are just themes, but the placebo effect of these roms by some people are amazing.

What can be done to a coby tablet using Telechips kernels?

1. The build.prop can be changed
2. Google gapps can be added
3. Modules can be built

What does above do?

The build.prop change allows more apps available on market, and can increase internet speed.
Google gapps allows one to use market.
Modules can add usability to the kernel, example ability to run tablet from sdcard.

Everyone has their own opinion, this is mine.

The more you know about android the less you know that can be done on devices like Coby using Telechips kernels .
The less you know about android the more you believe can be done on devices like Coby using Telechips kernels. "Placebo"

The exception to this is the Roms built here for Coby devices running Samsung kernels, theses roms do increase speed and performance, as they aren't as locked down as Telechips kernels.

Yes the tablet can be rooted, and apps can be added or removed, a custom recovery can be added, true performance and speed is adjusted by the kernel, which no one can build a new kernel for Coby using Telechips kernels, so no matter what is said or done true performance and speed isn't going to happen unless Coby releases their source code.

Last edited:

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
ah ok thanks for all the info. how do you change the build.prop on one and will it make it exactly like the google play on phones? That was my main complaint, after all the work and research it took me to get the tablet rooted and with CFM on it so i could put Gapps on it, and i open the market and its not the same. Most of the games i play arnt on it, like draw somthing and enchanted realms and the settlers and stuff like that.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
the build.prop is changed just by editing it, it's a text file I can upload the one I use, what I do is just put all the files in a rom and install the rom then everything is ready, come with root, google gapps and edited build.prop this is only for my recoveries though. can you post the name of a game you are looking for that can't be found?

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
sure, Enchanted Realm, Oregon Trails: Settlers, Angry Birds space, i was able to download but for some reason it would crash after loading, Draw somthing, Scramble with friends, Words with Friends. Would you be able to upload that rom you use and would i be able to put it on mine? or would that not work?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The ones I checked shows up, I never downloaded any, but are available for download.you have custom recovery? and made a backup I can upload a .tar that can be manually installed on your tablet via cwm recovery, I use .tar which is pure Linux some CWM uses mkyaffsimage, none the less if you have adb installed and know how to use you will ok.

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
yea i have adb installed and i can get CWM back on it, the only thing i have never got to work is fastboot mode because for somereason my pc dosnt reconize it in fastboot mode, so as long as i dont have to use fastboot ill be ok :D

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
download this 7015_system.tar place on sdcard, boot into recovery, mount /data and mount /system

adb shell

rm -rf /system/*

rm -rf /data/*

rm -rf /cache/*

tar -xvf /sdcard/7015_system.tar

reboot

once you have rebooted, setup wireless, note if above commands give error about lost and found directory don't worry it, and other errors post them.

Last edited:

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
sorry it took so long to get back on this i havent had much time to work on my tablet. ok so after
rm -rf /system/*
rm -rf /data/*
rm -rf /cache/*
i get rm: cant remove '/system/lost+found': Directory not empty, i assume this is the one you said not to worry about.
But after
tar -xvf /sdcard/7015_system.tar
i get tar: cant open '/sdcard/7015_system.tar': No such file or directory

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
hmm another interesting thing is even though it gives me an error on every command, after i do it my tablet wont boot past the coby symbol screen anymore, so it must be doing aomthing

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
this means you don't have 7015_system.tar you have to have it on your sdcard.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
correct it can't boot as it wipes your tablet there is nothing to boot, this is required to install 7015_system.tar.

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
hmm strange, i am putting it on my sd card, i put it on both my internal and external sd card, just in casr cause i didnt know which one it was refering to