[CUSTOM ROM][Allwinner A10] Choco Ice Cream 4.0 BETA1 for LY-F1/TREQ/etc

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
Read 1st :

DO WITH YOUR OWN RISKS !! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR DEVICE BY FLASHING THIS ROM.
Read 2nd :

This rom only for Tablet base Allwinner A10 LY-F1, and TREQ, 512RAM/4GB Internal Storage, maybe compatible with another tablet. do not flash for 1GB RAM because doesnt work
Read 3rd :

Recommended to charge your device at least >90% to prevent failure during flashing process

$20100101175906.png

Changelog v4.0 BETA 1 :

• Base latest firmware Official Treq.
  • Busybox run-parts (init.d) - experimental.
  • Bootanimation.
  • Change Default Wallpaper.
  • Change File Manager (you can use root explorer, goto File Manager and goto setting, check root explorer and mount r/w system).
  • Fix value sdcard for optimize scanning.
  • Fix mount partition.
  • Nandd EXT4 Filesystem.
  • Pre-Rooted.
  • Zipaligned for optimize all apks.
  • Removed initlogo.
  • Removed and Format OEM partition.
  • Removed apk : LiveWallpaper, and Flash Player.
  • Reboot Recovery.
  • Insert apk : DSP Manager, Superuser, Terminal Emulator.
  • and many more.

Download link : Choco_Ice_Cream_4.0_BETA01_LY-F1.zip

1. Upgrade your OS to Android 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich).
  2. Flash CWM Recovery, here the tutorial : [OBSOLETE] unofficial CyanogenMod 9/ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Allwinner A10 devices - xda-developers
  3. Download the, and move to your SDcard.
  4. Turn off the device and goto CWM Recovery (hold power on/off button with volume up button).
  5. Install zip from sdcard ,and install the rom (it can take a while minute).
  6. After done, i recommended to wipe data and wipe cache.
  7. Last, please reboot your system.
Credit thanks to :
  1. fun_ for CWM Recovery

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Is this for a tablet or cellphone? LOL jking
Recommended to charge your cell phone at least >90% to prevent failure during flashing process

romeojane007

Aug 11, 2012
I a newbie, I have a question, can you help me answer it??? My tablet is Gemei G3, it use 512MB of ram, 800x400, chip A10. Can I use this rom for my tablet?

kratirao

Sep 11, 2012
hey,

any idea if this would work on an a13 tablet (its currently running from a custom rom made from momo mid tablet) , with 512 mb ram, front 2.0 camera, 3 touch buttons on side, 4gb internal, 480X800 @ 7"

Carlyones

Sep 25, 2012
Hello
I just want to say that it run with my tablet : no brand A088
A088 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Tablet PC Allwinne A10 3G 1.5GHz 1GB+8GB - Tablet PC - Product Catalog - Desoon Technology Co., Ltd Chinese Mobile Phone manufacturer

There is just a problem : the sim card don't work but if we don't need to phone, it's ok and it's better than before because this tablet don't run well with the chinese OS.
Thanks

so.. it works on A088 tablet right..? and the only problem appear only sim card does'nt work.. so.. any common problem so far..?

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Hello
I just want to say that it run with my tablet : no brand A088
A088 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Tablet PC Allwinne A10 3G 1.5GHz 1GB+8GB - Tablet PC - Product Catalog - Desoon Technology Co., Ltd Chinese Mobile Phone manufacturer
There is just a problem : the sim card don't work but if we don't need to phone, it's ok and it's better than before because this tablet don't run well with the chinese OS.
Thanks

Only phone app or the 3G? (no internet connection)
Thanks to the answer