Custom ROM for Coby MID 9042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I put this ROM on my 9042 and swapped the modules, but, when ita booted and running, there is a little circle that acts as a cursor that I have to point everywhere by swiping the direction I want it to move and double tap to make it click on something. How do I turn that off? I've went through every setting and I can not get it off.

I don't know anything about this rom, you would need to ask kahrloz about any changes he made, best just to restore your own backup.

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
I don't know anything about this rom, you would need to ask kahrloz about any changes he made, best just to restore your own backup.

Yeah, that's what I did. I just like how this ROM can run the latest version of Google Play without crashing the Android system.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yeah, that's what I did. I just like how this ROM can run the latest version of Google Play without crashing the Android system.

PlayStore is just gapps, as long as you have room you can install them. You would install ics gapps, cause you are running ics.

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
PlayStore is just gapps, as long as you have room you can install them. You would install ics gapps, cause you are running ics.

Yup, tried installing the latest ics gapps (20120429) and it makes the message, "Unfortunately, Android system has stopped" pop up whenever I open the play store.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Yup, tried installing the latest ics gapps (20120429) and it makes the message, "Unfortunately, Android system has stopped" pop up whenever I open the play store.

Yor system partition may be full. Try this:

adb shell

busybox df -h

Post result

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That list he provides is my list of files I deleted from my 9742 to free up space. I had no issues with removing those files, but that's me. What got messed up?

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
I think I might have figured it out. I had to get a file from the /system/usr/idc folder.

EDIT: Yup, that was it. Touch-screen works fine now.

Last edited: