CW Recovery v6.0.1.1 for Coby 7042, 8042

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I have installed this on my Coby MID8024 but when I try to boot into it doesn't show up. Only android recovery comes up. Please help. I have hit vol+, vol-, and power but android recovery only comes up.

You must be rooted to install this recovery.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Be sure the recovery is named "cwm_recovery.img" if you're using the Windows root tool. Otherwise the scripts the root tool uses won't find the file and won't install it. Above all else, double check to ensure the recovery is actually installed. The batch file doesn't check to see if the right recovery is installed, which is why it will tell you that you were successful when you in fact weren't.

Godsgold

Sep 21, 2012
v6.0.1.1 is the latest cw recovery, it's suppose to backup and restore faster. a few new tweaks added by Koush.

The recovery screens will display the version it was built for ie, 7042 and my name as I compiled them, these recoveries may or may not work on other devices, They were built for the Coby 7042 and so on, not other devices.

credits to Koush

8042_9742 8042_9742_recovery.zip

7042 7042_v6.0.1.1_recovery.zip

9042 9042_v6.0.1.1_recovery.zip

1042 1042_v6.0.1.1_recovery.zip

install is same as other recoveries

via adb

adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
adb push install-recovery.sh /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
adb push reboot-recovery /system/bin/reboot-recovery

adb shell

chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
chmod 755 /system/bin/reboot-recovery

/data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
/system/bin/reboot-recovery

you can also just copy the files to your sdcard use a file manager that supports root to move the files where they go.

then use terminal on tablet

su

chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
chmod 755 /system/bin/reboot-recovery

/data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
/system/bin/reboot-recovery
at this stage the file refuses to copy. why is that soo

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
at this stage the file refuses to copy. why is that soo

try

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system

the system needs to be writable first.

then

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thats the thing, i'm supposed to be rooted. had used livesuite to root my tablet before so i dont know why its saying im not rooted

Traveller1701 has put together some scripts for windows users to root and install cw recovery check the stickies.

1Nate321

Dec 28, 2012
Be sure the recovery is named "cwm_recovery.img" if you're using the Windows root tool. Otherwise the scripts the root tool uses won't find the file and won't install it. Above all else, double check to ensure the recovery is actually installed. The batch file doesn't check to see if the right recovery is installed, which is why it will tell you that you were successful when you in fact weren't.

Yes I have made sure. Is there another way to install clockworkmod instead of adb.