CWM development

spyroslo

Aug 5, 2011
i need to install CWM in my tablet. when do you believe is ready to give files for install ..?

THNX
Spyros

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I dont think we are ready for community release yet but their making headway

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
In an update.zip the folders contained within should follow...

system- folder containing android operating system, apks, media, system files, ect (not an image)
recovery.img- just incase if recovery gets damaged and needs reflashed
kernel.img
Ramdisk.img- should be modified to allow the kernel and system to work faster together
userdata- folder containing 3rd party apps for installation that you do not want as system apks

optional
splash.img- this would be your newly made splash screen (if you made one)

the update script must be rewritten to allow to this process to work, as for the signature. i never figured that one out, could try using signature writing scripts on your package and see what happesn. make your own unique code. sign the everything inside your update.zip and then the update.zip itself.

But does it need ALL of the info? Say, for example, this 'new pad' has bad userdata area and only allows 6 apps before claiming it is full... I could put most everything into the /system/apps folder and update.zip JUST system?

That might make things better for the 'new pad' until Im brave enough to replace the NAND on it, too... :rolleyes:

... and THX for the info! :D

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
i need to install CWM in my tablet. when do you believe is ready to give files for install ..?

THNX
Spyros

I dont think we are ready for community release yet but their making headway

The one I show installed above is quite minimalist...
It reboots...
It installs update.zip (tho I dont know yet how 'varied' that ability is)...
It does a 'full system recovery-type' wipe of data areas (userdata/local/cache)...
It does a cache wipe only.

And... so far... that's it. OR AT LEAST that's all that appears on BOTH of these wwe101v3.5 board systems...

What it NEEDS is the ability to SCRUB the NAND and attempt to recover these 'bad' blocks. AND/OR the abilty to FORMAT the blocks in YAFFS2 independently.
But that is MY opinion...

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Im sure its possible. Just need the correct mounts to be tolled to be wiped clean or reformated using the recovery

Yes to the system apps, just delete that nonsense china junk and apps that can be easily gotten from the market to make room for the good stuff, for instance root privilidges, car home, gps items, and unique system apks from other devices

If anyones building a firmware for the superpad using the cwm recovery and prerooted, il be glad to join your team.

Last edited:

spyroslo

Aug 5, 2011
ok
to explain that I just want to just to make only wipe data
because after upgrading that I has stuck and can not find another way

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Im sure its possible. Just need the correct mounts to be tolled to be wiped clean or reformated using the recovery

Yes to the system apps, just delete that nonsense china junk and apps that can be easily gotten from the market to make room for the good stuff, for instance root privilidges, car home, gps items, and unique system apks from other devices

If anyones building a firmware for the superpad using the cwm recovery and prerooted, il be glad to join your team.

Once I figure out how to use the SDK package and all that, Id likely to do just that... Im just a bit too far behind in the Java game...

Last edited by a moderator:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ha lol yeah. Life catches up. Im currently teaching myself android package development and firmware modification. Im developing a few things as we speak but ofcourse, when u think u got it, things go down the pooper.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Wow...
Stay on topic plz

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
somewhere I downloaded a CWM v4.0.1.5 that seems to work well on the wwe101v3.5 boards. Im SURE its not the one I got from this thread (which I believe was 2e)...

Last edited by a moderator:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
OOOooooookay.

Since Im not the one to 'bring it up'...

Ill consider the thread closed.

EDIT:
But before I go... somewhere I downloaded a CWM v4.0.1.5 that seems to work well on the wwe101v3.5 boards. Im SURE its not the one I got from this thread (which I believe was 2e)...
Once I know for sure I'll say something... somewhere else! :p

/thread
:D

The items that NEED to work for cwm on superpad, formatting ALL sections of the tablet, install update.zip, wipe dalvik and user data, AND repartition. That should clean the tab completely. Then install from upper SD some sort of update.zip with new fw.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
The items that NEED to work for cwm on superpad, formatting ALL sections of the tablet, install update.zip, wipe dalvik and user data, AND repartition. That should clean the tab completely. Then install from upper SD some sort of update.zip with new fw.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

NAND BACKUP NAND RESTORE NAND WIPE!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well, I found ONE glitch with the 4.0.1.5...
It will not run on the 6.1.x(587) version u0/u-boot...
It DOES work with the 6.1.2(672) version... but I havent been able to get ANDROID to boot from that one.
The stragulus 2-parter keeps attempting to re-run the 2nd phase as long as 672 is used.

So Im at the point where,
I have a system I want to backup/restore, and
I have a backup/restore method that wont work with the system.

Catch-22!!
(It is possible that the 'memory-issue' is a partial culprit in this... so we'll see what happens!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I see that it says 0.6.1.5(587).
It also shows 4.0.1.5 which does ALOT MORE there than the one I downloaded which has text in blue and shows <2e> as the version number (that I THOUGHT I downloaded from your post in this thread)...

Do you have this version available?

EDIT:

I redid the download (I presume it is the updated 4.0.1.5) and attempted to install it...
Did it twice.
Does not work for me... at the moment anyway...

Gonna try to put the 2e back in and see if it will install it from there.
Will let yall know! :D

Reloads the <2e> easily...
I can only presume that the storage problem is at fault... still.
May try it again with the 6.1.2(672) and see if it runs then...

EDIT:
Okay. I have confirmed that the PREVIOUS 4.0.1.5 that runs on the 0.6.1.2(672) and the one I just downloaded ARE THE SAME... and they will not run on 6.1.5(587) on these two machines.

There are only a few possibilities:
1) the u0/u-boot 0.6.1.5(587) I have is somehow different than tuzzz has...
2) the stragulus kernel is somehow different enough to cause an issue with it...
3) the storage issue is affecting it somehow...

I somewhat dismiss #3 as other 'kinda operable' versions of comparable size start (tho do not run right).

GOTTA get that NAND changed!

Last edited: