CWM development

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
Well in that case someone sould be to make video for us? That will be to work on 0.6.1.2 and 0.6.1.5 with bootloader from 2852. I can do myself. But then will tell it's a fake. ;)

Just ashamed to upload like that, but justice demands. :)

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Wish i could replace my superpad so i could get into these shenanigans

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

If my NAND-surgery goes well, I'll consider sending you my 'spare'...

If you dont mind one that's been 'fixed'....

:D

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Okay, caught up a bit on this thread. In regards to how we got around china's "bassackwards" recovery scheme, we are using a method known as "fake flash". Please note when using this method the update scripts for rom's will need to be modified to map out properly for each devices mtd block. I just got a ican recently so I'm now working on these infotm devices as well. They're setup is almost identical but I'm noticing slight differences that I'm looking into in hopes of getting it to the same point that we have the sytabex7 at. Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Actually, cfrockit pm'd me to let me know my ears should have been ringing. Sending you a pm now.

smokinjoe2122

Aug 13, 2011
I hate to just jump into a conversation like this, but am I seeing someone actually porting CM7 to our Flytouch 2s?

Edit: I don't mind flashing ROMs so I went ahead and tried the One Hour cm7 ROM. booted and loaded correctly.

What doesn't work? Seems like audio, wifi, and as you were saying, video acceleration. Good start though :)

Last edited:

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
I stop talking about TechVendetta development. This is not my buisness. And sorry if I have offended someone.

Audio and wifi can be easily fixed. EGL may be fixed. Video playback remains in question.

But I'm not interested in further porting. It was just demonstration a quick porting base android. Maybe someday I will continue it. But at the moment do not see any prospects.

smokinjoe2122

Aug 13, 2011
Well if someone ports CM7 for our flytouch 2s, I'd be happy to beta testing and/or donate. I like the flytouch2, but CM7 would make it a much better purchase.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
You really don't understand. Without sources (or binaries for 2.3) for video accelerator will not be a full cm7 port.

Many changes into GL and so on in android 2.3 unlike 2.2. Reuse proprietary binary from official 2.2 to 2.3 is very difficult.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well I hear this ican I'm using is pretty simillar so maybe it will work when we port to this.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

smokinjoe2122

Aug 13, 2011
You really don't understand. Without sources (or binaries for 2.3) for video accelerator will not be a full cm7 port.

Many changes into GL and so on in android 2.3 unlike 2.2. Reuse proprietary binary from official 2.2 to 2.3 is very difficult.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if it does happen, I think there's a community of FT2 users that would be very indebted. Froyo runs fine, but lacks some function on a tablet, especially with home screens. I wish I was savvy enough to port it myself, but I just don't have the smarts.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
Ok. I understand. But this is really difficult without some sources (or object files with headers) from infotm. If 2.3 for IMAP2xx will happen or sources will be (partially) opened then cm7 port may be made fast.

At this time I only can try to finish stragulus cm6 port. But there is not so simple too. Tablet uses hantro 8190 hardware video decoder, 7280 hardware video encoder, and On2 VP6 which don't have open sources software ("drivers"). And them usage limited or impossible without sources. Hence hardware accelerated video playback and camera remains in question. Soft renderer works well. On the phones this is maybe imperceptibly. But on big screen with high resolution this is unacceptably. All other hardware may be implemented with proprietary binaries from official firmware.

Now tell me, is it worth to spend my time to this? ;)

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Well I hear this ican I'm using is pretty simillar so maybe it will work when we port to this.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

The iCan is nearly identical, or maybe even totally identical. You can flash the same ROMs as the other pads (superpad, flytouch). I've seen several instances of Ican tabs running the 2.2 ROMs on here.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Ok. I understand. But this is really difficult without some sources (or object files with headers) from infotm. If 2.3 for IMAP2xx will happen or sources will be (partially) opened then cm7 port may be made fast.

At this time I only can try to finish stragulus cm6 port. But there is not so simple too. Tablet uses hantro 8190 hardware video decoder, 7280 hardware video encoder, and On2 VP6 which don't have open sources software ("drivers"). And them usage limited or impossible without sources. Hence hardware accelerated video playback and camera remains in question. Soft renderer works well. On the phones this is maybe imperceptibly. But on big screen with high resolution this is unacceptably. All other hardware may be implemented with proprietary binaries from official firmware.

Now tell me, is it worth to spend my time to this? ;)

I think so, but you are so self defeating that it won't happen. I imagine if you look around, you may be able to get the information you need. Have you pulled apart the image files from the original firmware? Alot of the information you seek is more than likely in there. There are Pearl scripts floating around here designed to open these files.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

smokinjoe2122

Aug 13, 2011
Well I know for a fact I cannot program, but I am willing to offer as much assistance in this as I can, that's how much I'd like to see it on our tablets. Like I said, whether or not it becomes a reality, I can only hope for the best.