CWM Recovery 6.0.1.0 for A10 LY-F1/TREQ Tablets

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
hi , i have done compile a latest cwm recovery for Allwinner A10 (LY-F1 and TREQ) for android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, i dont know it will work for other tablets with same vendor so please do with your own risks !!

283688_3567685038655_61029618_n.jpg

Working :

• Reboot
  • Wipe data / factory reset
  • Wipe Cache
  • Install .zip
  • Backup and Restore
  • All buttons

Not Working :

• Formatting
  • Create partition
  • USB mass storage

Download :

How to install :

• Download the recovery (recommended latest build)
  • extract and put to your /sdcard
  • open terminal applications (like better terminal emulator) ,or you can use from adb shell and type :

Code:
$ su
# cd /mnt/sdcard
# sh install-recovery.sh
# sh reboot-recovery.sh

Configuration :

• Power button : Select
  • Volume (+) : Up
  • Volume (-) : Down
  • Go Back : please repeat volume (-) until get "Back Button Enabled" notification. (for build 27/July/2012)

note : you can open cwm recovery with turn off your tablet, and hold volume(+) with turn on/off button.

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
Changelog 27/July/2012)
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Building from Cyanogenmod source code
[/LIST]

Changelog 28/July/2012)
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Use black color for background
[*]Show user interface "Go Back"
[/LIST]

studio1one

Sep 17, 2012
Hi,

for some reason I am getting the error

can't mount /emmc/ - from internal SD

and
can't mount /sdcard/ from external SD

I get a huge string of errors from reset / wipe too

tablet is an LY-F2 (LY-F1 in a different case) with 16gb nandflash and 1gb DDR

any ideas? can happily post screen shot / video if required.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I found your post and decided to try it since the references to /dev/block/nand? were compatible with my few-day-old tablet.

The only difficulties I have with it for my application are:

The /sdcard should be the INTERNAL storage (/dev/block/nandj), and
sd-ext needs to be EXTERNAL, which on this is the /dev/block/mmcblk0, mmcblk0p1...

I would like to make this minor change myself, but I cannot determine how to 'unpack' the image. All the others Ive modified were CPIO-configured files with a u-boot 64-byte header...

I have, therefore, not attempted ANY SORT of formatting (and do not intend to unless I get 'desperate'), but otherwise it seems to work flawlessly on my Pro2.

It is the ONLY MAJOR flaw in this machine... the lack of FULL backup capability. Your CWMr will correct that and make me VERY happy!! :D

... once I can get the /SDCARD and SD-EXT thing fixed! :p

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH for doing this! This is the first tablet I have that uses this configuration and I am pleased to know that I will (soon) be able to protect the software in this way! :D

EDIT:
I did not get the VOL+ startup routine to work, but as I already have it rooted, I took the boot-recovery.sh file and put it in /system/bin... so whenever I wish to run it I need only open Terminal and call it. Nice & easy! I made 'copies' of /dev/block/nandg long ago, so I can always 'revert' to the original if/when necessary. :D

Last edited:

livnbad

Mar 11, 2013
I found your post and decided to try it since the references to /dev/block/nand? were compatible with my few-day-old tablet.

The only difficulties I have with it for my application are:

The /sdcard should be the INTERNAL storage (/dev/block/nandj), and
sd-ext needs to be EXTERNAL, which on this is the /dev/block/mmcblk0, mmcblk0p1...

I would like to make this minor change myself, but I cannot determine how to 'unpack' the image. All the others Ive modified were CPIO-configured files with a u-boot 64-byte header...

I have, therefore, not attempted ANY SORT of formatting (and do not intend to unless I get 'desperate'), but otherwise it seems to work flawlessly on my Pro2.

It is the ONLY MAJOR flaw in this machine... the lack of FULL backup capability. Your CWMr will correct that and make me VERY happy!! :D

... once I can get the /SDCARD and SD-EXT thing fixed! :p

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH for doing this! This is the first tablet I have that uses this configuration and I am pleased to know that I will (soon) be able to protect the software in this way! :D

EDIT:
I did not get the VOL+ startup routine to work, but as I already have it rooted, I took the boot-recovery.sh file and put it in /system/bin... so whenever I wish to run it I need only open Terminal and call it. Nice & easy! I made 'copies' of /dev/block/nandg long ago, so I can always 'revert' to the original if/when necessary. :D
Would you be able to give me a step by step on what you did to make this work? I'm new to using the terminal emulator.