CX-01/C77 Mini Android PC Android TV Box - issues with Google play

jeromeof

Jun 23, 2012
Hi,
I posted in another thread but I thought it best to have its own thread. Basically, the C77 Mini Android PC Android TV box has a problem and I (and no doubt other people who buy it) need a firmware fix. The Google Play market requires itself to be updated before you can buy anything and once you do a few minutes later it crashes and you cannot get any more applications every (without doing a complete system restore). Because this device doesn't have Root I cannot investigate some of the fixes other similar devices had to do (e.g. fix permissions on some files). So, please can we either have a new firmware which works or at the very least provide some tools to root this device.

Thanks

Jerome

tatubias

Jan 9, 2012
ROOT TUTORIAL And Market fix:

How to root the CX-01 and how to fix the market issue.

rooting is very simple, note: im using windows xp.

DOWNLOAD: CX-01.zip

1 - Uncompresse the cx-01.zip file into your pc.
2 - Connect the cx-01 into your pc. Wait some minutes until it finishes to "boot". In the pc will show you that will need to install a driver.
3 - When the installation driver screen appears, select advanced option to select the folder driver from the file that you have already uncompressed it.
4 - when finished installed the driver go to the folder Root-Script
5 - run Root-Script.bat

Root-Script.bat
a - Select option 1 and verify the connection if OK
b- Select option 2 and check if your device can be rooted (with this script)
c - if its ok select option 3 when finished the CX-01 will be rebooted.

Fix Market issue:
1 - Rename the file Google_Play_3.5.15.apk that is already provided in the ZIP into vending.apk
2 - copy vending.apk file into /system/app/
3 - Then install it.

note: To copy this you need the es explorer configured as root. then you will be able to copy it.

reboot the device an you will have it rooted and with the market fixed. Update all your applications.

I dont know yet but i may be doing a script that fixes some bugs and roots the tablet all in one click or something like that, but that takes time and work. also im still waiting the original rom so i can tweak it better i don't want brick the cx-01. Next quick update will be full market. but until i dont get a full signed firmware. i will not be working on any thing that can brick the tablet.

Good luck

jeromeof

Jun 23, 2012
ROOT TUTORIAL And Market fix:

How to root the CX-01 and how to fix the market issue.

rooting is very simple, note: im using windows xp.

DOWNLOAD: CX-01.zip

1 - Uncompresse the cx-01.zip file into your pc.
2 - Connect the cx-01 into your pc. Wait some minutes until it finishes to "boot". In the pc will show you that will need to install a driver.
3 - When the installation driver screen appears, select advanced option to select the folder driver from the file that you have already uncompressed it.
4 - when finished installed the driver go to the folder Root-Script
5 - run Root-Script.bat

Root-Script.bat
a - Select option 1 and verify the connection if OK
b- Select option 2 and check if your device can be rooted (with this script)
c - if its ok select option 3 when finished the CX-01 will be rebooted.

Fix Market issue:
1 - Rename the file Google_Play_3.5.15.apk that is already provided in the ZIP into vending.apk
2 - copy vending.apk file into /system/app/
3 - Then install it.

note: To copy this you need the es explorer configured as root. then you will be able to copy it.

reboot the device an you will have it rooted and with the market fixed. Update all your applications.

I dont know yet but i may be doing a script that fixes some bugs and roots the tablet all in one click or something like that, but that takes time and work. also im still waiting the original rom so i can tweak it better i don't want brick the cx-01. Next quick update will be full market. but until i dont get a full signed firmware. i will not be working on any thing that can brick the tablet.

Good luck

Thanks, but I did eventually get mine rooted. There seems to be lots of 'variant' configurations of CX-01, so some are already rooted, most seems to have usb developermode enabled and some (including mine) were not rooted, usb development was disabled and the Developer settings page was not available, but with some help from other forums I found this command (to execute in the terminal app on the device):

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.DevelopmentSettings

which popped up the hidden development settings screen, a quick enablement of the usb development / debug then allow the rooting tools to work. So, possible include this information in your scripts for other people.

kkastor

Aug 8, 2012
Hello, I have a problem with the wifi cx-01. When activated usually works for a few minutes but soon slow down. This happens all the time, after I turn the speed down and back on again and returns to work well

Connection: 10000 kb / S
CX-01 use 3000 kb / S maximum
at low speed 400 kb / s

This prevents you play videos on youtube and browsing becomes slow ... I hope you can help

Sorry for my bad English

s3v3ns3v3n

Aug 28, 2012
Hi guys, i've a serious problem: when i connect my new c77 tv box to the PC (windows 7 64bit), it says "unknown device"...the driver you upload some post above in this topic doesn't work because it's for x86 (32bit) PC...so please HELP ME!! :( :( :(