CyanogenMod Discussion [ROMS] [Kernels] [Versions]

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Need help with deep sleep state.

My nook color is setup as a dual boot. I use the latest B&N version and CM7 7.0.2. I installed cpu spy and it tells me that my CM7 Nook has never gone into deep sleep. Does the latest stable version of CM7 7.0.3 go into deep sleep? If not which nightly would you suggest.

Thank you.

7.0.3 Stable does not support deep sleep. Deep sleep first appeared in the nightlies just before 7.1.0 RC1 was made avaialble. Most but not all of the versions of the nightlies from that time on should support deep sleep. As is the case with nighlties sometimes working features get broken so that is why some of the nightlies may not have it. You can try the nightlies between about 140 and 155 which have been used around here with mostly success.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
U only need to wipe delvnik and cache (not data).
Cm7 and nightly are based on same platform so U can change from one to other without any reason to format.All apps will continue as they were before.

spdsl

Mar 22, 2011
U only need to wipe delvnik and cache (not data).
Cm7 and nightly are based on same platform so U can change from one to other without any reason to format.All apps will continue as they were before.

Thank you. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I have been having some stability problems with nightly build 153 so I flashed 7.1.0-RC1 which works great, however I can't get the market to work. Everytime I try to launch it it says that I have to add at least one account, when II choose yes it just crashes and shuts down.I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no success. Any ideas what I should do?Just a observation, but it seems that the weak link in this whole Android operating system is the market. Is this because Google it trying to control who uses the apps on all the different hardware? I'm getting so tired of the market stopping because I changed a Rom. The Amazon market is getting used more lately because it works all the time.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
No problem for me with Nightlies 129, 162 with new market.
Did u try to uninstall Market Update?

Unleashed from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 162 @1.200Mhz

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
No problem for me with Nightlies 129, 162 with new market.
Did u try to uninstall Market Update?

I'm not particularly impressed with the new market but I would be happy if I could even get it to work. I will try out 162 later today and see how that works out. The last one I tried was 160, it was pretty stable just couldn't get the market to work with it either even after wiping the data and everything. I wonder, does Google ever think they might actually sell more apps if they would make it easier to access them.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I flashed nightly 164 to night, everything looks good but still can't use the market. It keeps telling me I have to add a account but when I say yes it shuts down. Does anybody know why? I've reinstall it many times.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I would recommend then for you to go to previous Market.
By either uninstall the Market Update of the latest version or direct install of the older market's apk.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
For those having problems with the new market not showing movie rentals or letting you download some apps or update them, this is the fix that worked for me. Although it seems that after a reboot you do it again but it only takes a minute.

Limited Android Market – Fixed | n2a

Last edited:

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Flashed nightly 165 from RM SD card and installed gapps, all is good again.

Moved up to build 165 as well but am still having slow boot times compared to the rest of you.
I still have 80seconds ~ boot time.
I changed Market to include movies using root explorer, see above posts, Moshe & Anima. Most is good. boot is slow.

Last edited:

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Been using build 177 for a couple of weeks now, very stable with no problems that I can see. They seem to have stopped here so maybe this will be a RC. Or they are getting ready for Ice Cream Sandwhich. Anytime now!

Last edited:

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
As I seem to be having this conversation with myself, this from the Dev team:

"The reason there are no CyanogenMod nightlies at the moment is because kernel.org was hacked and the android repositories are inaccessible. They will be back soon." - CyanogenMod

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
Been using build 177 for a couple of weeks now, very stable with no problems that I can see...
I'm going to give 177 a shot. Still on build 136 as 7.0.3 (and it seems an RC build I don't currently see) both were giving me the sleep of death. So just been hanging back with a working version, though seems to lag at times. So hopefully build 177 will get me past the SOD.