CyanogenMod Discussion [ROMS] [Kernels] [Versions]

TNRonin

Sep 5, 2011
For those having problems with the new market not showing movie rentals or letting you download some apps or update them, this is the fix that worked for me. Although it seems that after a reboot you do it again but it only takes a minute.

Limited Android Market – Fixed | n2a

I tried this but it appears they have taken this pdf down. Would you happen to have it? my market worked for a while then nothing. I'm running the n2a card and can't get to the dalvik cache, (or however you spell it). Any help would be appreciated.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
TNRonin, install a app called LCDDensity from the app store, then start the app and hit continue, then follow these instructions:

1. set density to 160.

2. set reboot method to killall.

3. hit apply (restart).

Nook will now do a soft reboot. After it comes back up go to "settings" and select "applications", then "Manage applications". at the top of the screen hit "all", then from the list choose "Market". After opening that up choose "clear data". Shut the "manage applications" app down. Now start up the market app and hit "agree". You may have to clear the Market data more than once, but usually it works the first time.

Now after a reboot you will have to do this process over again. What I ended up doing was to edit the /system/build.prop file and change the LCD density to 160 permanently so I don't have to do the LCDDensity thing, (still have clear the Market data once in a while though),but that's a little more involved and requires a file manager with root privileges.

TNRonin

Sep 5, 2011
Thanks I have it fixed. I had to clear the framework.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What is new in 7.1.0-RC1-Encore? Is it worth the upgrade?

The biggest noticeable difference is deep sleep. That alone is worth it in my opinion. You can go from charging every night to charging every 3rd day. It doesn't change the power use when you are actively using it but those periods in between when it is sitting idle waiting for you really add up.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Another question? I was looking at your sig what are you running on the emmc? I see your booting from card for rc1 but you say your rooted back to 1.0.1? I have encore on emmc but want to go back to rooted 1.0.1 is it hard to do?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, I'm still running rooted 1.0.1 on my EMMC though I rarely boot into it. Mostly I leave it there so I can help others by jumping back into it when necessary.

It isn't difficult. You can bassically just flash the ROM from either internal CWR or bootable CWR. The restore thread has the steps. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html

You can basically go to any B&N version 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. At this staget I would suggest 1.2 or higher since they are Android 2.3 and have Flash.

This is a good thread for getting to 1.2 http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...stock-rom-1-1-0-1-2-0-manualnooter-worth.html

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is very good news! I love what CM has done so far but this will really allow for some cool new things.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
So, do we think this is going to run on our NC's? Also wondering how we are going to install it, same way as CM7? So many questions. Guess we will have to wait and see.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, that is exactly what I think. Developers like the CyogenMod crew will take the latest Android version and develop it for devices they support. One of the greatest things about the Nook Color is its openess to the efforts of developers. Any future version of Android will go on to our Nooks just like the current versions.

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
Hi folks.

Just moved from Phiremod to CM 7.1. One of the things I'd like to do is attach a USB keyboard.

I've installed Nook Tweaks and I can see how to turn on host mode. My question is - can I just leave host mode on all the time? Can the nook be charged while host mode is on?

I don't want to fry anything! Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi folks.

Just moved from Phiremod to CM 7.1. One of the things I'd like to do is attach a USB keyboard.

I've installed Nook Tweaks and I can see how to turn on host mode. My question is - can I just leave host mode on all the time? Can the nook be charged while host mode is on?

I don't want to fry anything! Thanks.

I believe this should be ok but will let moshe confirm since he has been running his nook with multiple usb connections. I'm pretty sure he has a splitter that allows his nook to be powered and at the same time connected to a usb hub without issue.