CyanogenMod Working on Ice Cream Sandwich for HP Touchpad; Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011

In the video above, you can see that the CyanogenMod team are working hard to bring you Ice Cream Sandwich on the HP Touchpad. This early build still has a few kinks to work out, but if their previous success with Gingerbread is any indication, then it won't be long before we are enjoying some ICS tastiness on the tablet. Here's a quick quote from PhoneArena with some details,

Almost every single one of the tablet's features are in a working state at this time, with the camera functionality and video playback being the only major things that need to be made functional. Once that gets taken care of, we should expect a CyanogenMod 9 release for the HP TouchPad to be made available for download. And the guys are saying that it likely won't be long until that happens.

This is pretty awesome news for fans of the "little tab that wouldn't die."

Source: HPTouchPadForums.net via PhoneArena

Last edited by a moderator:

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
So they'll work on ics for the touchpad, which is a dead product? But they won't build for popular products that are still kicking? Wow

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

androidjim

Jan 27, 2011
I think they're working on the Touchpad in order to prove some sort of point to HP, or maybe to prove that Android is better than webOS?

poserblue

Jan 16, 2012
Good I been waiting for this for a while hope it is let buggy than there gingerbread version!!!
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Android Tablet Forum