D-Media ATM3470

RDilus

May 3, 2011
You probaly never heard about this tablet before or you do i don't know but it is a brand new brand in the tablet world for me.
I just Bought it for 140 Euros what is ofcourse cheap for this tablet when you know the awesome specs of this little device.

System info
CPU: Samsung S5PV210 @ 1Ghz
GPU: PowerVR SGX 540
RAM: 512MB (342MB accesable)
ROM: 2GB (1.70GB accesable)
Screen: 7 Inch Capacitive Multi-touch (2 points) 800x600 4:3
Camera: Yes 1.3MP on front
Hardware buttons: Yes (home, menu, back, search)
Wifi: Yes b/g
Bluethoot: Yes 2.0
GPS: No
G-sensor: Yes
HDMI: Yes, 1080p
MicroSD: yes max 32gb
Simcard: Optimal
USB Host: No

How-to root the DMedia ATM3470
Simple you need to download super one click from here and make sure USB Debugging is on.
When you got this open superoneclick and click on ''root''.
He will say you're device is already rooted what is ofcourse a full face lie and just click yes
wait till you're device reboot or just rebooit it your self and then you're done!

How-to factory reset the DMedia ATM3470
This something funny becuase even the company it self don't know how!
But i found out a way how to wipe you're data and system
Now you thinking this is not hard because it under sdcard/privacy tab in the settings!
WRONG
there is no privacy tab and there is no factory reset in the sdcard tab either what is ofcourse complete lame
First of all you need root for this and you need the latest busybox but if you follow the rooting tut above this wont be a problem.

Since you know the story and what you need for it in order to do it let me help you out now

Go to your apps and start dev tools
Scroll all the way down till you see Terminal emulator click on that
Longpress the menu icon to get your on-screen keyboard
Now we first gonna type ''su'' an window will popup to request root access click on allow
Now we can do 3 things a full reset or data reset or a system reset
for fullreset type wipe all
for data reset type wipe data
for system reset type wipe system
after you write one of those thing hit enter system and wipe all will give you some errors just ignore them
after that just type reboot and hit enter then the job is done!

Recovery mode
At this moment when you type recovery or reboot recovery in terminal the screen get yellow so no progress on this yet =(

Last edited:

jensvnie

Sep 22, 2011
Hi

I have bought this tablet today and I was starting it up at home, and when I am trying to connect with my home network (Dlink wireless router with WPA2 securtiy) it won't work. Somehow the tablet doesn't find the network. Where my laptop, smartphone, etc... have no trouble finding the network...
Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? And how I can solve this?

What use is a tablet when I can't get connected to wifi :s

bert_be

Sep 22, 2011
Hi,
Just like Klaas I'm unable to root the device; I also get "Waiting for device".

When I first connected the tablet to my PC (Win7 64bit) it gave me a warning that is was unable to find drivers for 'Android'. All the other items in the list were installed successfully. I guess this causes the problems with SuperOneClick.

I'm a bit dissapointed. The box stated 4GB of memory and it only has 2!!!
I'm thinking about returning it but I cannot do a factory reset and I cannot remove the account I entered to test the market access :mad:

bert_be

Sep 22, 2011
There is a leaflet in the box mentioning an update site: http://www.atm3470upgrade.com/
No updates though...

EDIT: here are some (crappy) pics:
box:
DfR7B.jpg

front (with protective plastic film still in place)
r1wRM.jpg

glossy back (grease magnet):
ZKhvv.jpg

Last edited:

klaas2608

Sep 22, 2011
I've got root!
I downloaded and unpacked these drivers: http://mid816.com/filedrop/firmware/MID816-Drivers_and_ADB_Shell.zip
After that I went into device manager, selected the unknown 'Android' device and browsed to the above drivers.

I tried rooting with SuperOneClick 2.1.1 but this did not work. After that I tried version 1.9.5... Success :)

Great Job. It also worked for me. I could use SuperOneClick 2.11.
Now we can work on the other problem (android market search). The main problem is de Market Filters, they don't match with the DMedia. Is there a possibility so reset the device settings for Android Markets.

After a reset the search function in Android market still doesn't work. Nothing found.. I created a new account for gmail, but no succses.
Same problem... Dmedia helpdesk still working on this problem.

Last edited:

RDilus

May 3, 2011
im working on a fix on this problem o year some warining AVOID FLASH PLAYER
dont install it it gave me a bootloop

klaas2608

Sep 22, 2011
im working on a fix on this problem o year some warining AVOID FLASH PLAYERdont install it it gave me a bootloop
After a reboot i directly downloaded android 3.13 (3.15) via browser search in Google.
Then i signed in with an gmail account. Now i have more dutch apkk's then before. Still a simple 9292ov i cannot download. But I've got the message this computers isn't compatible with this item.

Last edited:

bert_be

Sep 22, 2011
I don't know how to do this exactly. How do i "browse to the drivers"?

Grtz,
Julia
Download them and unzip them on your computer. Remember where you saved them.
In the control panel look for the unknown android device and update the drivers.
Windows will ask you if it can search the drivers for you or if you want to select them yourself.
Choose that you want to look for them yourelf. A window will open asking for the location of the drivers. Browse to them.
Hope this helps.

bert_be

Sep 22, 2011
Because the glossy plastic scratches very easily, I wanted to stick a protective sticker on the back. I stuck it on crooked so I pulled it off. While pulling it off to realign it, the back of the tablet came off...
So, I made a picture:
8sgQK.jpg

Bl9xS.jpg

The battery is 4000mAh.
Memory is on board, not a replaceable microSD.
The wireless chip is this one: http://www.azurewave.com/product_AW-NH387_1.asp
Seems this chip supports FM too.

Question, Anyone know of a screen protector that will fit?

Last edited:

klaas2608

Sep 22, 2011
Today i've got mail from helpdesk with new firmware for dmedia atm3470. I didn't tested it yet..but i've got good hope. Firmware could terminate the android market problem. If it works i will reply on this forum with links to the firmware.

bert_be

Sep 22, 2011
Keep us informed :)
Could you please ask them if they plan to release a 2.3 firmware? This would improve battery life and video performance.