D-Media ATM3470

klaas2608

Sep 22, 2011
No problem. I used SuperOneClick. First you have to download the correct drivers for Android device. Now i can use my Iphone 3GS with PDAnet as an accespoint. First replace a file in the system/bin. Every thing works fine now. I connected the device to a 23 inch screen.

bert_be

Sep 22, 2011

titibaboun

Sep 30, 2011
Hi,
First, let me say a big « hello » from Belgium to the members of this forum.
I buy yesterday the ATM3470 and I have the same problems has descripted ( don’t find wifi, poor ram (less than 2Gb too), UserGuide DMEDIA with (no PDF file available)v…etc.
I don’tunderstand what is “rooting”. I know what is de root of an hdd.
1°) Can someone explain me in other simples words what is this “rooting” and the goal of running SuperOneClick. I ‘m scary to run this prg because I don’twant to “brick” my tablet.
2°) I buy this tablet for running video files. I have an .avi file waiting but I don’t know where to put it and how to read it.
3°) Does somebody find the solution for the wifi problem ( “impossible de rechercher des réseaux” error message).
In advance, let me wish you a good day to everybody.
Sorry formy English, but my native language is French.
Best regards
titibaboun

mister_chips

Oct 3, 2011
All Fixed... Market works fine after firmware upgrade en reboot. Android Market 3.13 searchs function and installing now ok.

download link:
http://helpdesk.kmbeurope.nl/Files/Firmwares/DMedia/Tablet 2.2 8 inch/ATM3470-Tablet 2.2 8 inch.zip

Help file:
http://helpdesk.kmbeurope.nl/Files/Firmwares/DMedia/Tablet 2.2 8 inch/ATM3470-Tablet 2.2 8 inch.doc

End good, all good.. sofar thanks evedrybody..;-)

The files are still there...
It seems that they corrected the size of the tablet in the file names & paths : if you replace "8 inch" with "7 inch", the files are again accessible.
So use the following links instead :

http://helpdesk.kmbeurope.nl/Files/Firmwares/DMedia/Tablet 2.2 7 inch/ATM3470-Tablet 2.2 7 inch.zip

http://helpdesk.kmbeurope.nl/Files/Firmwares/DMedia/Tablet 2.2 7 inch/ATM3470-Tablet 2.2 7 inch.doc

Haven't tried out the new firmware myself yet, only got my DMedia tablet a couple of days ago...

MC

Last edited:

arjand300

Sep 30, 2011
Thanks mister_chips, indeed the files are there i have downloaded them.
It is very easy how you must do the update.
But do i need it, what firmware do i have now? And what is it after the update? (In the filename it shows 9.22)
And do i lose data?

For my WIFI probleem, that it stay's in a loop of connet en diconnect after sleep modes, I have changed my channel on my modem from 1 to 6.
It is a little better, but sometimes he can't get a connection and trey's to connect and then disconnect again, after a reboot it connects normaal....

Sorry for my english, i don't write it very well i hope you understand what i mean..

Greets Arjan

Last edited:

arjand300

Sep 30, 2011
So i did the update, i was curious about it and put it on the dmedia tablet.there is data los, so everything must be installed again.At first look, finally market search!!Also the wifi probleems seems over, but it's just 3 hours with the new software.So if it stays like this? I hope so! Now i am installing al the old apks that i had on it before the update.And i wait and see how it keeps performing.....

mister_chips

Oct 3, 2011
The files are still there...
It seems that they corrected the size of the tablet in the file names & paths : if you replace "8 inch" with "7 inch", the files are again accessible.
So use the following links instead :

http://helpdesk.kmbeurope.nl/Files/Firmwares/DMedia/Tablet 2.2 7 inch/ATM3470-Tablet 2.2 7 inch.zip

http://helpdesk.kmbeurope.nl/Files/Firmwares/DMedia/Tablet 2.2 7 inch/ATM3470-Tablet 2.2 7 inch.doc

Haven't tried out the new firmware myself yet, only got my DMedia tablet a couple of days ago...

MC

OK, I also did the firmware upgrade on my tablet (following the instructions from the document) and things went very smooth.
Existing data in memory is lost, as Arjan already mentioned, but I did not yet have too many things installed so reinstalling my favourite apps wasn't too much trouble.
Market search was already working for me before the firmware upgrade, but it's nice to have a more recent version of the Market now on my tablet.
WiFi seems to be a lot more stable now than before the firmware upgrade !

MC

sieth

Oct 16, 2011
Hello,

I have a question.
Is it possible to keep the soft button leds always on?
When they are not lit, its difficult to navigate in the dark.
Regards!!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hallo,
Ik heb een vraag.
Is het mogelijk om de navigatie toetsen altijd in de verlichte stand te zetten?
Het is namelijk redelijk lastig om de toetsen in te drukken wanneer je in't donker surft.

Groeten!!

fenmeel

Oct 20, 2011
Hi

I have bought this tablet today and I was starting it up at home, and when I am trying to connect with my home network (Dlink wireless router with WPA2 securtiy) it won't work. Somehow the tablet doesn't find the network. Where my laptop, smartphone, etc... have no trouble finding the network...
Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? And how I can solve this?

What use is a tablet when I can't get connected to wifi :s

Had the same problem.
Check the channel (1-14) of your wireless router.
Gr.

apetit

Oct 21, 2011
I just bought this tablet and while browsing the market I noticed a strange effect with images while scrolling through app info pages. First I thought this was some custom effect but using the gallery I noticed kind of the same effect. While flipping through photos they tend to get squashed. Zooming in on an image only zooms the image vertically and horizontally it stays the same size. This results in images being shown in a very strange and unviewable way, all streched. Anyone with the same problem? The thing is, I bought this tablet for my dad who wants to use it as a portfolio for his photos...

frank58

Oct 22, 2011
Today received my ATM3470 (Dmedia) tablet.
The tablet does not recognize my 4GB Kingston micro SD card.
Is there a firmware problem?
In other tablets and pc no problems with the SD card
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

mister_chips

Oct 3, 2011
Ik ben weer wat verder gekomen. De tablet herkent alleen maar SD kaarten en geen SDHC. Ik heb opnieuw de frimware er op gezet met de link zoals eerder gepost, maar geen verbetering. Als ik boot met een SDHC kaart geen effect en geen firmware update.
Dus er is iets mis met de firmware in combinatie met SDHC, Wie heeft nog meer problemen? Miscchien is het SD kaart gerelateerd!

I have no problems at all with my Transcend 16 GB SDHC card (class 6)...
I'm currently using the firmware from the link I posted before, but even before this firmware update, the SDHC card was working fine.
I formatted it as FAT32 using the card reader from my PC.

MC

frank58

Oct 22, 2011
I have contacted the helpdesk and explained the problem with the SDHC cards.
A technician will call me back
Keep you informed.
I also noticed that there are no security options available. This is normally standard in Android 2.2.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ron_65

Oct 24, 2011
I also have the same problems with the missing security options (no possibility to protect device with pin from there), also the reminder sounds are not sounding. Maybe something to do with the fact that the OS (spec. version ?) on this media is specially written for phone use. and the SIM card slot is not being used ?