D2 Deluxe II (D2-962G)

jpr9845

Mar 2, 2014
I have the Digital 2 Deluxe II 9" tablet (D2-962G) running JB 4.2.2 and want to root it. I ran root checker and confirmed I do not have root access. My main reason for wanting to root this thing is to remove all of the bloatware. I don't know if this tablet is A10 based, I can't find that info anywhere. I do know it is a dual core with 1GB DDR and 8GB NAND Flash.

D2-962G_BK info page on my tablet.

The link you provided was changed to the printer friendly PDF the site offers, as the original page could be seen as promoting an affiliated website. We didn't want to see you get a warning for what would amount to an innocent mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpr9845

Mar 2, 2014
I am also trying to find the device driver for this tablet. The manufacturer has not replied to a ticket I submitted and it is not available on their site.

jpr9845

Mar 2, 2014
I found out a little more about my tablet.

$Bionic1.jpeg
$Bionic2.jpg

I do have root access according to the tool I used to get the above info.

Where can I find info on rooting this device?

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi jpr, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

R. Foster

Oct 6, 2014
I just had a successful root yesterday. As old as this thread is, I'm sure the OP probably figured it out also. I simply used the Google USB ADB drivers, and Kingo Root.

jpr9845

Mar 2, 2014
I just had a successful root yesterday. As old as this thread is, I'm sure the OP probably figured it out also. I simply used the Google USB ADB drivers, and Kingo Root.
I did not figure it out, did not want to brick my tablet. So the Kingo Root, where do I find it?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

Hi R. Foster, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets, and glad to see you helping out with your first post.:).

jpr9845

Mar 2, 2014
Hi R. Foster, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets, and glad to see you helping out with your first post.:).
Thanx! I ran the Kingo Root app and my tablet is now rooted. Nice!!!

jpr9845

Mar 2, 2014
I ran Kingo Root and was successful, thanx. Any idea what version of safestrap I can use?

R. Foster

Oct 6, 2014
Not sure to be honest. This is my first chinese MID tablet root. My previous root job was the Nook color (Encore) and that is running CM11 w/ the Cyanoboot bootloader. I'll research and see what I can find.

PS- i unlocked my bootloader, I'll find the utility and see if I can get you the link...if that's what you wish to do.

jpr9845

Mar 2, 2014
Not sure to be honest. This is my first chinese MID tablet root. My previous root job was the Nook color (Encore) and that is running CM11 w/ the Cyanoboot bootloader. I'll research and see what I can find.

PS- i unlocked my bootloader, I'll find the utility and see if I can get you the link...if that's what you wish to do.
Great! any and all info appreciated.