D2Pad and MOMO9 Firmware

jholt5638

Oct 27, 2012
I've been playing around with my D2pad for about two weeks.
So far I've tried the CM9, CM10, AOKP roms none of them seem to work

CM9 & AOKP boot but the screen orientation seems to be flipped and both stop
with Encryption Unsuccessful and I am unable to get back into recovery requires reflash with livesuit
I get ADB output but nothing I do seems to get me passed the Encryption Unsuccessful screen or back into recovery
including trying to reinstall CWR

CM10 hangs at the boot animation I get adb output most errors seem to be related to not finding information on /data
DavilkVM seems to be looking for its files there, and no root access from adb

The one thing I did find so far is that MOMO9 livesuit images seem to work currently running 2.3.4 image for the MOMO9Enhanced
with the filename M9_23TNT4.img all hardware seems to be working wifi except the vol-, vol+ buttons and camera app FCs.
Vol- brings up application menus and vol+ doesn't seem to do anything.
About Device under 2.3.4 is

Model number
GT-I1900

Android Version

Baseband Version

Kernel Version
2.6.36-android
inet_hxi@InetSoftware #5

Build number
97F2-D1-H1-M01-1309.20100307

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am currently running cm9 on my D2Pad, too early to say how well it performs, I am currently running Quadrant Standard on it to see what results I get.

1803 LOL, not the best or worse i guess.

well it's crashing now, so that's not a good thing.

Fixed crashing, tablet now runs cm9 well.

Last edited:

jholt5638

Oct 27, 2012
what cm9 install are you using and what compatibly file aswell i keep running into encryption unsuccessful and inverted rotation

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
I've been playing around with my D2pad for about two weeks.
So far I've tried the CM9, CM10, AOKP roms none of them seem to work

CM9 & AOKP boot but the screen orientation seems to be flipped and both stop
with Encryption Unsuccessful and I am unable to get back into recovery requires reflash with livesuit
I get ADB output but nothing I do seems to get me passed the Encryption Unsuccessful screen or back into recovery
including trying to reinstall CWR

CM10 hangs at the boot animation I get adb output most errors seem to be related to not finding information on /data
DavilkVM seems to be looking for its files there, and no root access from adb

The one thing I did find so far is that MOMO9 livesuit images seem to work currently running 2.3.4 image for the MOMO9Enhanced
with the filename M9_23TNT4.img all hardware seems to be working wifi except the vol-, vol+ buttons and camera app FCs.
Vol- brings up application menus and vol+ doesn't seem to do anything.
About Device under 2.3.4 is

Model number
GT-I1900

Android Version

Baseband Version

Kernel Version
2.6.36-android
inet_hxi@InetSoftware #5

Build number
97F2-D1-H1-M01-1309.20100307

How did you get out of the hung boot screen after installing CM10? I have the same scenario and cannot adb to the device now and can't get recovery using HW buttons. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE - adb works in linux (using sudo su), but no r/w to device and no reboot recovery (just boots CM). Looks like CWM is snarfed... I will keep posting updates.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
How did you get out of the hung boot screen after installing CM10? I have the same scenario and cannot adb to the device now and can't get recovery using HW buttons. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE - adb works in linux (using sudo su), but no r/w to device and no reboot recovery (just boots CM). Looks like CWM is snarfed... I will keep posting updates.

Sounds like you flashed Christian Troy's CM10 not a good ideal, he doesn't fully root his rom's. A rom that isn't fully rooted is useless when trying to recovery from. I don't waste my time trying to flash other peoples rom's I do port their roms to my tablets though. You will never get r/w as the rom isn't fully rooted.

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
Sounds like you flashed Christian Troy's CM10 not a good ideal, he doesn't fully root his rom's. A rom that isn't fully rooted is useless when trying to recovery from. I don't waste my time trying to flash other peoples rom's I do port their roms to my tablets though. You will never get r/w as the rom isn't fully rooted.

A painful lesson indeed... I see busybox is there, can I get temp root somehow with that or am I truly bricked?

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
Last resort is to restore your D2 pad to its original state using the instructions at
DII PAD_WH

Jim

Very interesting... Thank you! I will try this when I get home. I hope I can get this to work under Winblows. So far, I can only get the USB to recognize the device in linux since I flashed the bad ROM. I will post results.

Update: That did it... whew! I am now back to OEM ROM with root and CWR. Going to be far more careful selecting the next image to install.
Also, very important to install windows usb driver from recovery rar package, this got adb working again!

Last edited: