D2Pad from Biglots, How to Backup and Install CW Recovery

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
Ugh.. now I did it. After my previous post, I realized that I could just do adb reboot recovery. So in my infinite wisdom, I flashed the CM10 and now cannot get past splash screen. I figure no big deal, I'll just adb into the device... nothing doing. I get "device not found" and the usb is working fine (shows properly in device manager) even after killing/restarting/scanning devices. I am going to proceed into linux territory to try adb there, but I am not hedging my bets... I am truly afraid I bricked it unless somehow I can get into recovery using hardware buttons. I have tried several suggestions from forums referencing the A10 to no avail. I wish I had seen this thread before I tried CM10.

UPDATE - adb works in linux (using sudo su), but no r/w to device and no reboot recovery (just boots CM). Looks like CWM is snarfed... I will keep posting updates.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I would much prefer CM... I assume you used this one from XDA, correct? I also found a CM10 release here BTW.
Also, I cannot for the life of me figure how to cold-boot into recovery... I have tried all combinations of PWR + VOL +/- etc. No luck. This in itself makes me nervous about goofing around with ROM images.

You can't boot into recovery from hard key combo, it has been disabled by the company that made d2pad, they have an option in settings to boot to recovery, or use the script I include with cw recovery.

No I didn't use that CM9, I used my own port for 8042.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/46340-cm9-coby-8042-a.html

I may port CM10 at some point, It will also come from my own ports.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/47291-cm10-coby-8042-a.html

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello all, I'd like to take a stab at compiling CWR for the 09Bxxxxx model. I do know how since I've made recoveries for the optimus slider. I have checked out the code as per [rom] CyanogenMod 10 - SlateDroid.com but I'd like to know how I can modify keycodes? This would be a great boon for 09Bxxxxx owners.

You installed Christian Troy's source, sounds like you are all set then, good luck.

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
Not yet I have problems with github

Sent from my LGL55C using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
You can't boot into recovery from hard key combo, it has been disabled by the company that made d2pad, they have an option in settings to boot to recovery, or use the script I include with cw recovery.

No I didn't use that CM9, I used my own port for 8042.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/46340-cm9-coby-8042-a.html

I may port CM10 at some point, It will also come from my own ports.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/47291-cm10-coby-8042-a.html

Actually, you can boot recovery, just not sure how. but I have.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
rhg135 said:
Actually, you can boot recovery, just not sure how. but I have.

On the version I have, it's disabled, well the command is pointing to a hard key that doesn't exist. If the tablet had a back button it would work. Because I am doing testing and deving on the tablet I have enabled it or point the command to volume up. This creates some problems but I use work arounds to by pass problems that enabling recovery mode via hard key.

I think in your case you had a kernel panic, the tablet crashed and booted into recovery. That's why you can't duplicate it.

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
I'm sure it was manual, my tablet android did not boot at all.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
rhg135 said:
I'm sure it was manual, my tablet android did not boot at all.

Then you will be able to repeat it. The code is written in the mbr, when I get time I check the 09 bootloader.img and see if it's disabled.

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
Vampirefo, can I see your recovery_keys.c? Seems my recovery has a recovery loop. Any clues?

Last edited:

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
Okay, back to factory ROM. Rooted with superoneclick and got CWM and D2_playsotore. Funny thing is, I can get root prompt in adb and remount to delete bloatware (one command at a time), but no superuser in GUI... Hrmmm.

Update: never mind.. installed su binary zip in CWR and all good to go!

Last edited: