here is what I get on my d2

root@Vamp:/home/vampirefo/Desktop# fastboot devices
20080411 fastboot

root@Vamp:/home/vampirefo/Desktop# lsusb
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c408 Logitech, Inc. Marble Mouse (4-button)
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 044: ID 0bb4:0fff HTC (High Tech Computer Corp.) Android Fastboot Bootloader
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
root@Vamp:/home/vampirefo/Desktop# fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s

I guess if you don't get above and can't use livesuite you will need to replace the tablet at biglots.

Last edited:

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
here is what I get on my d2

root@Vamp:/home/vampirefo/Desktop# fastboot devices
20080411 fastboot

root@Vamp:/home/vampirefo/Desktop# lsusb
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c408 Logitech, Inc. Marble Mouse (4-button)
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 044: ID 0bb4:0fff HTC (High Tech Computer Corp.) Android Fastboot Bootloader
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
root@Vamp:/home/vampirefo/Desktop# fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s

I guess if you don't get above and can't use livesuite you will need to replace the tablet at biglots.

I'll play with it with live boot. I have a heck of a time getting the udev stuff correct and adb, and presumable fastboot, working over usb. Which is why I always use adb wireless, but that doesn't help me in this case.

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
if someone posts their entire system backup ill make a rom
btw just placed the new D2_711 recovery into a pack you can find it here

Myfishbear, I just downloaded pack and was wondering if I could get instructions. I've never installed recovery, but can't wait.: ) (Windows or no pc install would be awesome) Also if I can do anything to help get some roms cookin, I would love to help. Most important thank you for this pack!

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
Im new to this forum, but have been at xda for almost five years. Just bought one of the 711's a few days ago to test and see if they were solid enoigh to get one for all four of my kids. Since im an adb fastboot jockey, i went right to work on it. Very impressed with it. Anyways, I flashed your (vampirefo) cwm pack with no issues and it is working great. I noticed you mentioned a new factory firmware. Not had the chance to see that yet. Can you post a link to it please. I would like to tear it down. Also, are you cooking a custom rom? Any help you need, just say the word and ill get to it. Gonna have four of these floating around the house, so got all the tester models i need. Fastboot and adb seem to be working perfectly over usb on the one im playing with right now. Not tested adb over tcp/ip yet.

Last edited:

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
Now that we've finally figured out this whole 09/711 mess, which roms are available for the 711? Do we use the 08, or 09, or do we need new ones made? Reason I ask is the sole reason for going through this whole endeavor is because for whatever reason the stock rom doesn't have the drivers to detect the ftdi usb serial I need to use.

DigitalMenace

Dec 9, 2012
The ROM from the manufacturers site is NOT for the D2-711 with 512Mb RAM and 1GHz cpu. I believe this is where I went wrong.

No worries though, I have the "good" version of the tablet coming next week, the one with 1GB RAM and 1.2GHz CPU

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Im new to this forum, but have been at xda for almost five years. Just bought one of the 711's a few days ago to test and see if they were solid enoigh to get one for all four of my kids. Since im an adb fastboot jockey, i went right to work on it. Very impressed with it. Anyways, I flashed your (vampirefo) cwm pack with no issues and it is working great. I noticed you mentioned a new factory firmware. Not had the chance to see that yet. Can you post a link to it please. I would like to tear it down. Also, are you cooking a custom rom? Any help you need, just say the word and ill get to it. Gonna have four of these floating around the house, so got all the tester models i need. Fastboot and adb seem to be working perfectly over usb on the one im playing with right now. Not tested adb over tcp/ip yet.

i would make you a rom for that model if you can give me a backup of the stock one
dl the pack for your tab here find it here
run the first[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important] bat [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important]file[/FONT][/FONT] to do a system dump and post it here and it would help alot. you can place it in a dropbox account to get the ball rolling

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Myfishbear, I just downloaded pack and was wondering if I could get instructions. I've never installed recovery, but can't wait.: ) (Windows or no pc install would be awesome) Also if I can do anything to help get some roms cookin, I would love to help. Most important thank you for this pack!
unzip it with winrar and you will get this folder. after you run the first bat file you will get a d2_system.tar. i need that file. you can put in a dropbox or somthing
View attachment 9369

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
i would make you a rom for that model if you can give me a backup of the stock one
dl the pack for your tab here find it here
run the first[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important] bat [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important]file[/FONT][/FONT] to do a system dump and post it here and it would help alot. you can place it in a dropbox account to get the ball rolling

I made a full backup the day I got it, so ill upload later. The only thing is, it is not totally stock. It has had all gapps added. To be honest, the only thing im really trying to get going is video chat in g talk. So far, trying to initiate a video call causes an fc. Gonna try adding a few .so files to the framework tonight.

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
I made a full backup the day I got it, so ill upload later. The only thing is, it is not totally stock. It has had all gapps added. To be honest, the only thing im really trying to get going is video chat in g talk. So far, trying to initiate a video call causes an fc. Gonna try adding a few .so files to the framework tonight.

cool that works 4 me

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
Ok, ill upload shortly, and amend this post with the link. It will take a while, as my home connection max ul is around 1.5.

Here it is. This is the factory firmware for the D2-711. Remember, gapps and the corresponding frameworks were added before I made the backup. So it is not 100% stock, but close enough. I am hoping this will be beneficial to the community.

http://db.tt/dVCgjtF9

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Ok, ill upload shortly, and amend this post with the link. It will take a while, as my home connection max ul is around 1.5.

Here it is. This is the factory firmware for the D2-711. Remember, gapps and the corresponding frameworks were added before I made the backup. So it is not 100% stock, but close enough. I am hoping this will be beneficial to the community.

thank you!

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012

all i need now is your boot.img
to get this go into clockwork and make a backup. when this is done go into /mnt/extsd/ clockworkmod/backup/whatever the date was and there will be a copy of boot.img..