D2Pad from Biglots, How to Backup and Install CW Recovery

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
http://db.tt/g7pZweNC

This is the bootloader.img for D2-711. Sorry I keep saying that, but I dont want others to be confused and flash the wrong thing.

I forgot to mention that in the system image, there is a backup build.prop due to me adding the line for lcd density to 120. The screen is now perfect, and coupled with nova launcher, is very nice. 7x7 in desktop is beautiful.

Last edited:

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
What changes were made? I ask because I just got video chat up and going by adding correct .so files and setting permissions. Do you want those for future use? Only tested in google talk, and was perfect.

I think I almost have faceunlock ready too, but I need a little more testing to get the option for it in settings-security-unlock options.

Last edited:

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
Libfacelock_ini.so, libfilterpack_facedetect.so, libvideochat_ini.so, and libvideochat_stabilize.so. I still need to add the google fuceunlock.apk to get face unlock going, but that should be in the next few minutes if it goes ok. :)

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
Guys,

I just did a backup of my D2-711. I just opened the box a few days ago, and I have NOT loaded anything on it. After playing with it for an hour or so, I did a Factory Reset on it. I used MyFishBear's instructions and .bat file, and I was able to create the backup .tar file. I'm uploading it to dropbox now, but it might be another hour or so. Gotta' get some sleep. I'll share the link tomorrow.

Robyski

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
Ok, I installed FaceLock.apk, but it force closes when setting up the option. I believe this is due to the fact that the apk im using is from jellybean (all my devices are jellybean). Does anyone have a facelock.apk from an ics rom that they could upload? I think that would get it going fine. Glad to see other late nighters on here!

Edit: myfishbear, you should start a new thread with your custom rom! We can move over there and start putting heavy modifications to it, and get out of vamp hair on his recovery thread, lol.

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Ok, I installed FaceLock.apk, but it force closes when setting up the option. I believe this is due to the fact that the apk im using is from jellybean (all my devices are jellybean). Does anyone have a facelock.apk from an ics rom that they could upload? I think that would get it going fine. Glad to see other late nighters on here!

Edit: myfishbear, you should start a new thread with your custom rom! We can move over there and start putting heavy modifications to it, and get out of vamp hair on his recovery thread, lol.
its already up btw here is facelock from ics 4.0.4 from my d4 link here
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/allwinner-a10-based/51652-rom-d2_711-512mb-model.html

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
myfishbear, if your still up, could I trouble you for one more thing? In your d4 ics, could you locate a file in /vendor/unbundled_google/packages/PittPatt/core/recognition/models/recognition_model.cpp? Logcat reports missing the file. Thanks!

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
myfishbear, if your still up, could I trouble you for one more thing? In your d4 ics, could you locate a file in /vendor/unbundled_google/packages/PittPatt/core/recognition/models/recognition_model.cpp? Logcat reports missing the file. Thanks!
i dont have that file in any d4 rom try flashing this for facelock
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-facelock-20120131-signed.zip
and you can pick this apart for anything else gapp related
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
Excellent, and thanks! Gotta love Goo. I'll be trying to add more and more to this rom as time allows. Picking up 3 more of these on the 18th for the rest of the kids. Will be nice to have a fully modified image + vamps cwm to put on them immediately. Next is finding the google now apk for ics that I saw. Cant remember where, but I'll find it. For this moment, face unlock and video chat will be good. Mind you, these are for the kids, and they probably wont use half of it, lol. But, im a tinkerer.