D2Pad from Biglots, How to Backup and Install CW Recovery

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
It will also be a good clean base for custom roms. Great job! I'm going to start building one as soon as it downloads.

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Excellent, and thanks! Gotta love Goo. I'll be trying to add more and more to this rom as time allows. Picking up 3 more of these on the 18th for the rest of the kids. Will be nice to have a fully modified image + vamps cwm to put on them immediately. Next is finding the google now apk for ics that I saw. Cant remember where, but I'll find it. For this moment, face unlock and video chat will be good. Mind you, these are for the kids, and they probably wont use half of it, lol. But, im a tinkerer.

[h=2]Google Now for Rooted Stock ICS[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
Is there a way to get these to work with live view? I seem to be stuck at the opening splash screen. fastboot won't work, however I do believe liveboot is working, I just don't have a valid .img file. I'm justing looking to try to redo everything to something that works :)

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Is there a way to get these to work with live view? I seem to be stuck at the opening splash screen. fastboot won't work, however I do believe liveboot is working, I just don't have a valid .img file. I'm justing looking to try to redo everything to something that works :)
First thing you should do is drain the battery. Reset it and turn it on (even if it doesn't boot and doesn't show anything on the screen), let it rest for at least one day. That should fully drain the battery. Then connect the charger without turning it on and charge it for at least 30 mins, longer is better. Disconnect and push the reset hole to make sure the tablet is off.
then try pushing the 7_11 recovery and flash the new rom

Last edited:

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
First thing you should do is drain the battery. Reset it and turn it on (even if it doesn't boot and doesn't show anything on the screen), let it rest for at least one day. That should fully drain the battery. Then connect the charger without turning it on and charge it for at least 30 mins, longer is better. Disconnect and push the reset hole to make sure the tablet is off.
then try pushing the 7_11 recovery and flash the new rom
How do I push the new recovery.

What I believe is going on is that it has a bad recovery now. The last thing issued in adb was a reboot recovery, which isn't working, so it keeps trying to go into it. Will draining the battery long enough hopefully reset so it will boot into the main partition as expected?

If not, how do I push the new rom? From live view? Live view will know that it's a recovery img, and not a main and flash the correct location?

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
As you can see by log the zip is corrupt, also this zip very doubtful will work on New version of tablet.

Yeah, I was waiting for myfishbear to release his ROM and I still have the same probs. I am going to exchange this at Biglots for another one since I still have the receipt and I'm now convinced that this one has issues.

P.S. The firmware update from D2pad.info is for the other 09 version BTW, not the d2-711 for those who are having probs. I have yet to see a firmware update for this particular model. I'll post more results tonight. I should have tested it more thoroughly before working on it.... Live and learn!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The firmware was posted in the forums by a user who wrote the company.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
use the 2nd bat in the 7_11 hack pack to push the recovery you need link here
there isnt a live suit img for this tab yet so you would have to mod one of the ones for the dII pad
https://www.pbptech.com/support/projects/android-livesuit-guide/wiki
but personally if its been less than 30 days id just return it to biglots and pick up another one... i did this 2 times myself lol.. i just told em it just does not boot for some strange reason..
Guys there is indeed a livesuite image for this version, how do you think I built the recovery. I downloaded the image extracted the info I needed.

mik3y08

Dec 14, 2012
That is it, 911 and 711 are the same, one would just switch out the bootloader after flashing to get screen size.
I tried flashing myfishbear's 711 d2rom to my 911, and like you suggested switched the bootloader after flashing. However, the touch screen is not responsive. Any ideas why this would happen?
Thanks for the help.

netizenmt

Nov 12, 2011
I have a newer version of the D2 Pad - Model# D II_BK - S/N: 201210Bxxxxx series. My number one goal is to get CWM installed on it and do a backup before I clobber it completely by hacking all the junk out. Number 2 is to get the Google Play store installed, if that's even feasible. It was rooted out of the box, so that's not an issue. Custom ROMS? Sure, why not, but not a huge priority to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:

Oh GOD!! And now I have managed to wipe the thing. Not totally bricked... yet. It will boot all the way to the desk top, but it is in Chinese and it says the internal storage is full. I can't install anything because of this, which means I can't get into the system folder... There goes $80 down the drain.

Last edited: