D2Pad: Trying to Root, Install CWR, and Flash a New Rom

sdotcarter

Nov 11, 2012
Hey Guys,

Been along time since i played with a android device. I bought a D2Pad and I kind of like it.

Anyways, I do have some experiance although not much. I have a fully rooted Galaxy S1 (bought it when those were the iPhone killers)

Ive been reading here since its the only place I can find info on how to install Clockwork-- Recovery.

I have cmd adb working and it picks up my device, boy that was a brutal instal on windows 7 x64. (For searchers instal both the X64 and x86 java's then set up your environmental variables)

As stated before ADB does work but I cannot for the life of me get it to push any of vamp's files. Furthermore i dont even know if I have it rooted. Ive read every post here and searched others and I cant get it to flash. (Yeah I tried oneclick and that said it worked)

Basically heres what I want: Superuser, and CM9/10 on the D2Pad with root and no bloat.

Maybe I'm stupid and missreading but I cant get it to take anything. Please help I like the tablet but I want it to be clean.

Yes drivers are up to date.

(Win7/AMD 965/4Gig Ram/ 2x SSD Raid/1TB Storage/ If it matters)

WoweeRobert

Dec 29, 2011
What about battery Life with this tablet? I want to know because I am very interested in this tablet, but want to avoid plugging the thing in every time I play angry birds for 20 minutes.

Thanks

sdotcarter

Nov 11, 2012
You must be bold demanding the software AND support, lol. What s/n do you have?
No no no I didn't mean to sound demanding. I know your rom is for the 09. Mines the 08, although maybe you'll throw me a bone? I bought this to play with over winter since its to cold to work on my jeep. Where do I start?

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
No no no I didn't mean to sound demanding. I know your rom is for the 09. Mines the 08, although maybe you'll throw me a bone? I bought this to play with over winter since its to cold to work on my jeep. Where do I start?

check out my rom for 08's http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/allwinner-a10-based/49533-rom-d2pad-sn_d201208bxxxxx.html it has all you need there except it is a modded verson of stock. just tried cm9 and there isnt any sound yet. also got bat files to help u thru adb

Last edited:

sdotcarter

Nov 11, 2012
myfishbear,

thank you, that is the perfect clean slate i was looking for. I look forward to your, and this communities continued development.

Im going to be installing this into a wrangler, for gps. (d2 has no blu-tooth sigh), and music controls. If there a forum here I could document such progress?

Also, do these tablets accept a usb hub type of device or am I dreaming? I would like to control my cd player a live obd II scanner and a gps with it.

EDIT:
You may need an adapter to connect the keyboard or other device to your tablet's USB port. To connect more than one USB device at a time, use a powered USB hub to reduce the drain on your tablet's battery.

Looks like I may be in luck

EDIT2:
How can you tell if a particular device accepts gps dongles? Is it hardware or software?

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
myfishbear,

thank you, that is the perfect clean slate i was looking for. I look forward to your, and this communities continued development.

Im going to be installing this into a wrangler, for gps. (d2 has no blu-tooth sigh), and music controls. If there a forum here I could document such progress?

Also, do these tablets accept a usb hub type of device or am I dreaming? I would like to control my cd player a live obd II scanner and a gps with it.

EDIT:

Looks like I may be in luck

EDIT2:
How can you tell if a particular device accepts gps dongles? Is it hardware or software?
not sure, never tried to use one but you can tether your gps on that with another android to get true gps using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comptonsoft.tgps&hl=en
id search for one that works on linux or another android(not the asus transformer tho cuz of the crazy plug) cuz android is linux/unix (ive ran android apks on Ubuntu)
this may work http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/537716828/SKYLAB_android_usb_gps_dongle_best.html

Last edited:

KIDSR

Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys, Im new to the forums. I have rooted my Galaxy S3. I brought the D2 Pad -727 just last week.
It's not rooted. On the back of pad it shows this s/n: H727BL1303. I was wondering if someone here could guide me through rooting
this D2 Pad. Here are some screen shots below for some info on the tablet.
Any help would be great!

Thanks

. $Screenshot_2013-04-09-14-29-28.png

$Screenshot_2013-04-09-14-01-26.png$Screenshot_2013-04-09-14-08-06.png