d2pad wifi problems

pmalavolti

Jan 24, 2012
some of my apps were not running correctly. closing shortly after opening. so i decided i would start over. i reset the tablet (d201209b08849). now the wifi will not register onto my router. my other wireless devices work fine. i keep entering the key, hit connect, but it does not register. it does not even say obtaining ip address.it was connected before. it is a wrt110 router by the way.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
About 90% of WiFi problems can be traced to issues with the router. It may really only take restarting your router and the fact that your other devices work doesn't mean your tablet will. I have a link in my signature with some tips on how to get WiFi working that should help.

pmalavolti

Jan 24, 2012
if i hard reset my router, will i have to re-teach all my wireless devices the password.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
if i hard reset my router, will i have to re-teach all my wireless devices the password.

If you totally reset the router you would need to establish security again in the router but that should not matter to the tablet. Worst case you tell your tablet to forget the connection and input the password again. Not more than a 30 second operation.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
just installed wifi analyzer and it picks up the wifi

At least you know you can see it. If you had ever connected you should see the connection in settings > WiFi. Taping it should allow you to tell it to "forget" then tap it again to input the password.

pmalavolti

Jan 24, 2012
now i installed googleplay.apk and when i set up the account it just logs me out. are there different versions of the apk file for different versions of android. i'm running 4.04.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are different versions of the Play app but everyone should be using the same one. It loooks like a white shopping bag.