Dad needs help..Please

GregKline

Jan 7, 2013
Hello,

My name is Greg. We got a Coby MID7015A 1.6a 01/26/11 2.6.29 Root Android 2.1 for Christmas. I want to download some educational apps on if for my 2 sons but we dont have wi-fi. Is there anywhere I can down load apps to my home comp and then transfer them to the tablet. Any and all help would be great.

Thanks,

Greg

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Greg and welcome to the forum

Downloading to your computer is not generally something the legitimate app sites allow. I suggest you find a public WiFi hotspot that your could use. You also could use a friend's WiFi long enough to download what you need.

It is possible to get a fairly inexpensive nano router that would convert your wired connection to a WiFi connection. Maybe $29-$39 US.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Greg, congratulations on your new Coby MID7015A and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

GregKline

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks Guys. I tried the wifi thing. My tablet has Appslib and it keeps saying its not compatable. Where can I find the Android Market or Google Play that is compatam\ble with my tablet. Also I keep hearing about rooting it to make it perform better. Is this necesary being this tablet will ne mostly used for educational reasons.

Thanks,

Greg

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Greg, welcome. Please checkout the Coby Tablets section (that is a link). I am not familiar with your particular device but I believe it does not include access to the official Google Play Store. In that case you would need to root your device. There are other alternatives to the Google Play Store for apps which may not require root, including Amazon and those that can be found here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...atives-google-play-store-amazon-appstore.html. You will need to access some sort of app store for educational apps.

JP

GregKline

Jan 7, 2013
Hi Greg, welcome. Please checkout the Coby Tablets section (that is a link). I am not familiar with your particular device but I believe it does not include access to the official Google Play Store. In that case you would need to root your device. There are other alternatives to the Google Play Store for apps which may not require root, including Amazon and those that can be found here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...atives-google-play-store-amazon-appstore.html. You will need to access some sort of app store for educational apps.

JP

What is the best way to root my tablet. I have looked at a couple of diiferent threads on here telling me how to. Which one is the best?

Greg

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Best to ask that question in the threads you are considering following. Somebody should be able to give you some guidance specifically related to those discussions. My best advice is to read and read and read about rooting for your device. Then when you think you understand it, ask about anything you still aren't sure about. After doing that you will have a very high likely hood of having an easy rooting experience.

Watch out for tinkeritus though. Rooting, ROMing and otherwise playing with the guts of Android can be addicting :D

JP