Daily power routine for the S7

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I usually turn mine off before going to sleep, then turn it on in the morning when I'm ready to get the day going. Turning it off at night means you can't use it as an alarm clock, and some other things.

How do you operate your device? Do you leave it ON always then put it in standby at night and charge it during the day, if it needs charging? If I wasn't going to use it for a day or longer, I would probably turn it off for sure.

I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with mine, like take it on trips or actually use it to wake me, so I'd practice the routine in the meantime :)

Last edited:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Hi pvella
That's the way to do it.
I've been out of the house now for about 2 hours and the battery level indicator still shows 100%.
I now use it mainly in flight mode with a tethered wifi hotspot internet connection and it lasts me all day.
I get home, put it on charge and it stays there until I pick it up to take with me next day.
I've been meaning to do some standby battery tests but haven't had the chance.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Hi pvella
That's the way to do it.
I've been out of the house now for about 2 hours and the battery level indicator still shows 100%.
I now use it mainly in flight mode with a tethered wifi hotspot internet connection and it lasts me all day.
I get home, put it on charge and it stays there until I pick it up to take with me next day.
I've been meaning to do some standby battery tests but haven't had the chance.

I'd use mine in flight mode if I could to turn off the cell radio, but in flight mode I can't turn on bluetooth which I need in my car. BTW I leave it in sleep mode continuously and charge it at night.

Edit: Installed Dazzle Configurator widget as recommended by another user and can now selectively turn off the cell radio.

Sent from my Ideos S7

Music

Feb 5, 2011
OK, good information so far. Next question....

In standby/sleep mode, is the Wifi still active? My talking alarm clock app tells you the weather, but it needs Internet access for that, and if the Wifi is disconnected while sleeping, you will hear "Could not fetch weather report- no Internet access." Maybe a delay of, say, 30 seconds will allow the WiFi to reconnect before the app loads the weather report?

You'd need to want know this or figure out a work-around for any app or widget that has an auto-update feature.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
In the WiFi settings if you hit the menu button and then Advance you can select your WiFi sleep settings, if you change it to never then your WiFi will always be on. The thing to remember if you are out and about and not using WiFi you would want to turn it off or it would kill your battery.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm already in the habit of turning the WiFi off if I leave a hotspot area, or put the device in my pocket, so that's no problem. I just needed to figure out what to do so I can get the weather report when the talking alarm clock launches/speaks, because it's been in sleep mode all night with the charger unplugged.

thx