DashClock Brings Important Notifications To Your Android 4.2+ Device Lock Screen

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
DashClock Brings All The Important Notifications On Your Android 4.2+ Device Lock Screen

By Rajesh Pandey on February 12th, 2013

One of Android team’s lead designer, Roman Nirk, has released a new lock screen widget known as DashClock. The widget aims to provide all the relevant notifications like missed calls, emails etc. on the lock screen.

dashclock.jpg

As an Android user, I have always longed for a way to display relevant notifications on my phone’s lock screen, and this widget is like a dream come true for me. DashClock is one of Roman’s side project and is completely open source.

Below are the list of notifications that DashClock is capable of displaying -:
• Your current local weather
• Missed calls and unread text messages
• Your next calendar appointment
• Unread Gmail inbox or priority inbox conversations
• Your next scheduled alarm

DashClock also supports Extensions allowing any Android developer to create a new ‘Extension’ for the widget to show relevant information on the lock screen. One such prime example being the Battery extension that is already available on the Play Store.

DashClock will only work on Android 4.2 running devices, since it makes uses of the new lock screen widget feature. This limits the widget to only the Nexus devices, and other devices running some sort of Android 4.2 based custom ROM.