Dawa D9 - UTOPIA G10 on sale in the UK

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
Hmmm, I have more memory than you available for each of those except my sd card. I only have the 4gb model but that should be fine when there is nothing else installed to just run iplayer. I don't know how to allocated any space to android though, of the capacity of my sd card says it's 3118.5 mb with 3045.1 available. So I would guess as it's 4gb it has around 800mb allocated to android. How can I allocate more?

Thanks for the help by the way

One other quick think, on skype how do you rotate the screen? It defaults to the camera is at the bottom. Auto rotate doesnt work in skype

Last edited:

neildarlow

Jun 11, 2011
Hi,

I'm not aware that you can resize the Android partition. You would probably need a custom ROM to do that, which is something I haven't investigated myself yet.

I have updated the pre-installed Skype with that from Android Market and auto-rotate works for me. I can't explain why it doesn't work for you.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Tapatalk

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
I have to say, people asking will this pad take on the Ipad....no. It is nowhere near as fast response as an ipad. The screen response is just slower, and also as its a resistive screen you need to press it a bit, not like an ipad where its glass and you just lightly touch it.

I like the pad, but its in no way an ipad beater.

Everything is working now apart from iplayer, no idea why it runs slow in anything other than low quality. I can watch an HD movie fine, but iplayer is not great.

neildarlow

Jun 11, 2011
I think you can't expect iPad levels of features or performance from a cheap pad running a minimally-modified version of Android. Pay real money for e.g. a Xoom or Transformer and you will get a more polished and higher performance tablet. I am really happy with my cheap clone but I might upgrade to something better when the marketplace settles.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Tapatalk

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
Agreed. It does what I want it to do but its not as highly polished as a few posts suggest. I got it because I am going on holiday taking a 6 hour easyjet flight with no movies, hence getting this little movie machine :)

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
Is there any chance you could help me out with the 'vold.fstab' file, I still cannot get my external sd card to show up at all.

This is what I have in my vold.fstab at the moment.....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/disk auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2
dev_mount udisk /mnt/udisk auto /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.1/usb

is that what you have?