Daylight Savings Time (DST) non-existent on Pacific Time

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
This is a very strange issue...

I have two DIFFERENT tablets, and both are running 4.03 ICS...
One (Tiny... 7" eMATIC eGlide EGL25BL) came with it, the other (Shep, 10" Dk1031/SuperPADx/m799ca) has just received it from a 'source at InfoTMIC'...

BOTH devices do NOT support Pacific Daylight Time... Standard time only.
So...
I currently have to set the timezone to Mountain Time to get the proper hour.

and

Things like the Weather Widget and other APKs manage to ignore my 'set' zone and default to PST.

I admit it is not fatal in the grand scheme... but Ive NEVER seen this sort of thing happen before... and it does NOT exist in the previous 2.33 version that Shep had before.

Any ideas, anyone? :confused: :cool:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Strange, on my Galaxy Note 10.1 running ICS 4.0.4 it is accurate, Showing Pacific-7.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can think of one possibility. Most tablets have a setting that picks up the time by way of your WiFi network. If you find that's the case, disable it as the IP for your network may be in a different time zone.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I have thought of that... my wifi/router is set manually (to my main laptop) which is correct.
At the very least, Id think it would show me as PST with the time shown everywhere else...

It also stays the same way at work on the verizon router and everywhere else Ive taken it... which admittedly is few. :p

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
They wouldnt have put timezone config information in the KERNEL, would they?
Cannot fathom why they would... but BOTH of these ICS devices do the same thing... and they are NOT the same.... one is a NAND-based 7" tablet and the other is a TF-card-based 10"-er...

ANY ideas as to where to look in /system?