Dead Onda V711

LuXor14

Dec 3, 2012
Hi guys,

I've been browsing these forums for the last couple of hours but I haven't been able to find a solution for my problem, so I decided to register and start a thread. Hope someone can help me out.

Okay, so I got my new Onda V711 today and decided to install the JB update. I didn't know about any other method than the onda-usb updating method when I started, so that's why I didn't go with iiDiabolusZz's method. Anyway, I had read that the program is only compatible with x86 systems, but I found x64 drivers via the dealextreme forum. I started the update on my computer, but it doesn't go after 75% (the point at which the device reconnects as mass storage). I have tried several different things such as windows xp compatibility mode and running as admin etc. but no succes.

After this if found iiDiabolusZz's methods, so I tried them. The problem is that my tablet doesn't do anything when I try to start with home+power button. The screen remains black and no signs of life, no matter what and how long I try.

Because this wasn't working out I went back to the usb-method. I installed windows xp sp3 32-bit on a virtual machine and tried updating from there, but it still hangs at 75%.

I'm getting pretty desperate to fix this thing. I really hope any of you can help me!

Thanks!

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi guys,

I've been browsing these forums for the last couple of hours but I haven't been able to find a solution for my problem, so I decided to register and start a thread. Hope someone can help me out.

Okay, so I got my new Onda V711 today and decided to install the JB update. I didn't know about any other method than the onda-usb updating method when I started, so that's why I didn't go with iiDiabolusZz's method. Anyway, I had read that the program is only compatible with x86 systems, but I found x64 drivers via the dealextreme forum. I started the update on my computer, but it doesn't go after 75% (the point at which the device reconnects as mass storage). I have tried several different things such as windows xp compatibility mode and running as admin etc. but no succes.

After this if found iiDiabolusZz's methods, so I tried them. The problem is that my tablet doesn't do anything when I try to start with home+power button. The screen remains black and no signs of life, no matter what and how long I try.

Because this wasn't working out I went back to the usb-method. I installed windows xp sp3 32-bit on a virtual machine and tried updating from there, but it still hangs at 75%.

I'm getting pretty desperate to fix this thing. I really hope any of you can help me!

Thanks!

Hi, make sure your tablet is charged (about 1 hour) to atleast 60% as it will not boot to recovery if battery is low, now Press and Hold home key for 3-4 seconds then still holding home key press and hold power key until the white droid shows then release both keys.

Last edited:

LuXor14

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks iiDiabolusZz, but my problem was that I could not boot into recovery even though the tab was fully charged. I managed to restore it another way though before I even saw your reply :p.

I installed an ENGLISH version of Windows XP SP3 32-bit in Oracle VM VirtualBox. With this installation I have been able to upgrade the firmware via the usb-tool. It took some tries though, because the usb connection have to be linked to the virtual pc correctly. I found that the most important aspect of succesfully completing this method is using an English version of XP, because I have tried with a version in my language before and that did not work.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks iiDiabolusZz, but my problem was that I could not boot into recovery even though the tab was fully charged. I managed to restore it another way though before I even saw your reply :p.

I installed an ENGLISH version of Windows XP SP3 32-bit in Oracle VM VirtualBox. With this installation I have been able to upgrade the firmware via the usb-tool. It took some tries though, because the usb connection have to be linked to the virtual pc correctly. I found that the most important aspect of succesfully completing this method is using an English version of XP, because I have tried with a version in my language before and that did not work.

Glad you got it working, now if you want to install Full access playstore and root then go here, takes out all chinese apps/spyware etc..

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...all-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware.html

faazil

Feb 12, 2013
Hello,

i was facing the similar problem however i was able to use the latest drivers and downgrade the software back to V1.5.5 and then install the update on the SD and manually update the tab. this will prevent it from Bricking.

thanks,

Faazil