Dead tablet? Need help.

Xavach

Dec 26, 2012
I am attempting to start my octavo zues tablet which appears to be dead. I dont know if its fully charged or fully decharged so I have no idea what to do?. When I plug it in it doesnt show the battery picture indicating that it is charging and when I try to power on it doesnt do anything at all. I doubt that this is a charger problem because my sister has the exact same tablet so I used her charger and it still didnt work. I have also left it plugged in overnight and it still seems to be inactive. About an hour ago when I used my sisters charger the battery icon showed up so I left it and assumed it was working. But I returned to the same old problem....Nothing I do turns it on or displays sign of life, except for that one time about an hour ago which only lasted about 5 seconds. I have already tried reseting the tablet by pressing the small button but it didnt do anything. Last time that it was starting up was yesterday but when it got to the picture of the andriod robot it just froze and stayed there and I had no choice but to hold the power button to turn it off.

I would also suggest not searching this tablet on google because you wont find anything related to this problem.

Thanks, hope someone can help me.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Sorry I'm not familar with this tablet but I had a simlar problem with an Onda VI 40 elite, What I did was leave it charging over night (you can only hope that it is charging but at least this gives you a chance); in the meatime I downloaded Livesuite and the latest custom ROM I could find. after charging the tablet still appeared to be dead but I thought nothing ventured nothing gained, so I went through the flashing process. hold dopwn the power button for 20 seconds then the power and home button similtainiously for 5 seconds when conected to your PC via the data cable (you should hear the 'USB' beep to incated the computer can see the tablet, you probably won't be able to see the tablet as an external disk though). Follow the livesuite wizard and format the internal disk on your tablet the intsatll the new firmware, hopefully like me you will be greeted with the happy site of an android bouncing up and down on your screen.

Hope this helps, take care
macthecat

Last edited:

Xavach

Dec 26, 2012
Thanks for semi-fast reply macthecat, I would try this but I have no idea on how to do it, especially since theres nothing on the internet about my tablet. I really am at a dead end.

Hopefully someone out there can help me.