Dead Tablet

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
Hi Guys. So, after nearly 4 years of use without any problems my tablet has decided not to turn on.
It started with the battery discharging overnight even after being fully charged and turned off. Now it
won't charge or even turn on, i have replaced the Battery and the I/O Charge Port Board all to no avail.
I have tested the old battery and found it still had 3.5 volts in it whilst the new one had only 1.5 even after
being on charge for a couple of days, i know the charger and cable are fine because it will charge my
phone without any problems. Is it worth replacing the main board aswell or am i flogging a dead horse.
Thanks in advance Roger.

jiveturkee

Sep 17, 2011
Not even worth getting repaired. You could get a nicer/newer tablet probably for the cost of the motherboard replacement IF anybody even had a replacement motherboard

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
is it the motherboard causing the problem though, has any body actually found an answer to why this happens,
because i'm not the only one this has happend to

Kevin McMillan

Apr 25, 2017
Replacing the motherboard is pretty expensive.It'd cost you almost 70% of the original tablet.Given that you've used your tablet for 4 years,I'd say it's just not worth it.The tablet prices have gone down significantly over the years and there are some seriously good one's available in the market right now at pretty reasonable prices.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Coming late to the party here :)

I'd say replacing the motherboard is well worth it. Replacement motherboards can be found on ebay for about $20. You can find lenovo's hardware maintenance manual online with instructions for how to replace it yourself. If you've ever played with lego then you should well be able to fix your motherboard. I'm speaking from experience, having replaced a couple of motherboards, speakers and usb ports for this tablet.